Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My latest mod... ROOF WRAP via vinyl sticker

Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
My latest mod... ROOF WRAP via vinyl sticker

I know vinyl sticker isn't everone's cup of tea but I've been thinking of doing this mod for awhile now... so I pulled the trigger last weekend.

I went with matte black so it matches my step rails perfectly.

Only downside so far is, as we all know, black shows dirt way faster than the magical silver color I'm used to seeing on the roof.

Let me know what you think.

The "money" shot... aka: my favorite of the bunch.

From the front:

From the back (side note... anybody know how long my bed is???)

From the side:

Front 3/4 view:

Rear 3/4 view:

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
cool man. I think another member did something like this awhile ago. unless it was just a photoshop job to see how itd look.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
out of curiosity...why?

seems to me that it would cause the cab to get hotter
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Sick taco. I like the mod, after you've done it now everybody is going to do it.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
out of curiosity...why?

seems to me that it would cause the cab to get hotter
X2
Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
stinky_truck will become famous soon enough
Name: ryan
stinky_truck's Tacoma Gallery
now paint the hood black!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
It's not that I don't like it, I'm not so sure I like either.

this...nothing wrong with it...i dont care for the look...just wondering if there is a functional point to it or just you happen to like the look?
Old 07-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
he be living in organ 71 today in portland
Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
Screw you guys, I'm going home.
06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
06aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure it really goes with the truck.. maybe try blacking out the chrome grill surround too just so there's some consistency overall.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this...nothing wrong with it...i dont care for the look...just wondering if there is a functional point to it or just you happen to like the look?

Just wanted to see how it would look. See if it would pull together my silver/black theme. I live in Oregon... it rains most of the year so heat isn't an issue... but I agree... I probably wouldn't have tried it if I lived where it was hot most of the time.

Also, I must say... I'm still on the fence for this mod. Most of the time I like the look but sometimes I'm not sure. The good part is I can easily peel it off when I'm ready and I did the install myself some I'd only be out the cost of the sticker.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycart1201 View Post
Just wanted to see how it would look. See if it would pull together my silver/black theme. I live in Oregon... it rains most of the year so heat isn't an issue... but I agree... I probably wouldn't have tried it if I lived where it was hot most of the time.

Also, I must say... I'm still on the fence for this mod. Most of the time I like the look but sometimes I'm not sure. The good part is I can easily peel it off when I'm ready and I did the install myself some I'd only be out the cost of the sticker.

Nathan
ycart1201
good deal...ive seen it done a couple of times...and cool that yall are doing something different...i just didnt understand why...if you like it...thats enough for me...its not my bag but it aint my truck
Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #13
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
What if you did the middle section of your lower bumper part black as well??
Old 07-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
What if you did the middle section of your lower bumper part black as well??
that combined with a black hood and black tailgate would be an interesting look
Old 07-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #15

Firefighter:
Quote:
Just wondering if it would help with the flow of the look he is trying to get with the black/silver. Maybe someone could PS it for him in the PS forum.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
Dr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to beholdDr. Pepper is a splendid one to behold

Name: Matt
Dr. Pepper's Tacoma Gallery
I think it looks great. I like it.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting
Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 that could be pretty sweet
Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Paint your grill surround black! I think it would tie it in a little better. But props for doing it. I know 05 prerunner and I'm pretty sure ray has done there's too.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #20
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, I have thought about doing the same.