Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

In-Cabin Air filters

Old 07-21-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
hitaco is on a distinguished road
hitaco's Tacoma Gallery
In-Cabin Air filters

so where do you guys buy them? i found them priced at 50 dollars at our local toyota dealer n thought that it was a fricken crazy price to pay.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Make a reusable one. Search for the thread.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Here you go: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ir-filter.html

I did mine a little different, so I could have multiple ones.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
Turdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of light
Turdburglar's Tacoma Gallery
For my other cars I've always gone to Lowes and bought a cheapo furnace air filter, then cut it down to fit the car's air filter tray. Dealer wants upwards of $50, I pay less than $2 and get at least 2 uses out of the furnace air filter.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Plenty of places sell them cheaper than that. E-Bay has some for as little as $5. This place is a popular choice for around $13. I get mine from Amazon. The Denso OEM one is around $14.

http://www.allergybegone.com/pontiac...ir-filter.html
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #8
kramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to allkramer2k is a name known to all

kramer2k's Tacoma Gallery
Every now and then you can find the Purolator Breathe Easy charcoal filters for around $13, then you can use a $5 MIR to get it less than $10! I did that for my car and now I'm shopping around trying to find a replacement for my truck. I need a replacement BAD.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Here you go: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ir-filter.html

I did mine a little different, so I could have multiple ones.
Moose Filter Mod FTW. If you read that thread, I used to buy the disposable furnace filters from the hardware store too, but it was costing too much money over time. Can't beat $20 for life (and obviously, having had my truck for over 5 1/2 years that's a lot of filters).
Old 07-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #10
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This place! 4 bucks each... I order 3 or 4 at a time cuz shipping is the same as ordering one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Old 07-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #11
hitaco is on a distinguished road
hitaco's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys thanks for all of you input, but i think i'll be making the replacable air filter, to me it seems the best bet, plus it's pretty much gonna last for a life time