Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
jarredposi is on a distinguished road

Name: Jarred
jarredposi's Tacoma Gallery
Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!

Hello all,

I'm taking the plunge and buying the OME kit (essentially the same one advertised on Toytec but instead of the AAL's I'm biting the bullet for the full new set of Dakar springs) for my 2007 Access Cab and want to take a poll of what others who have it have done as far as the springs go. They recommend the 884's for Access Cabs but I see a lot of guys who installed the 885's (which they say are for double cabs). I take it there are two reasons for going with the 10mil longer springs (885's are 10mill longer but have the same spring constant):

1. Gets you a bit more lift - anyone have measurements for this? I'd like to know how much.
2. Helps cancel out any sagging in the (assuming very long range) future.

So, to anyone with an access cab and the OME setup - let's hear what measurements you are getting with the 884's or 885's (whichever you have), and how your ride is (do the 885's make it too stiff?). If you have any extra weight (bumpers etc), please let us know that too so we can consider that in the comparison. Also, let us know if you installed any top spacers if you provide us with measurements.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
884's. cant remember the exact measurements, but after install it went up 3". i has settled a bit. the 884's ride great. maybe a tad stiffer than stock. here is a pic. let me know if you want me to pull a tape anywhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!-tacomalift.jpg  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty.

BTW the new springs are scragged from the factory to prevent any sagging issues. They will be designated with the tag 884x or 885x. (The 'X' being the marker to show you that they are the newer scragged springs)

Hope that helps.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #4

Thanks for the quick replies!

So the 884's brought you up 3" without a top spacer? Wow if that's the case the 885's seem unnecessary ...

If you are ever standing next to your truck with a tape measure in hand I'd love to see where you're sitting. I'll post my stock heights as well and we can compare and figure this out once and for all. Whatever springs I end up with I'll be sure to post before and after pics WITH a tape measure shot as I have looked high and low and can't find anyone with my setup and those pics. But based on what you are saying, seems the 884's are correctly spec'ed by OME suppliers.

Can anyone with the 885's and an access cab with no weight tell us where they're standing?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have heard the OME kits are great.

I am in the process of doing the same thing, all the parts are in and just waiting on a garage to start the install.

I went with the Nitro Charger shocks, 885 coils and the Dakar leaf pack, so very similar to you, and I also have a 09 access cab.

I went with the 885's because I have the All-Pro IFS skid and in the future I will be upgrading to an All-Pro winch bumper, and the the extra weight the 885 coils will be the best ride.

If your planning on adding anything to the front end of the truck the 884 will sag under the extra weight, so I would say go with the 885s.

Right now I have the IFS skid and and Aries bush bar, and I am noticing that the front end is much lower because of the weight, so really happy that I went with the 885s. Once I get it all installed I will put up some pics
Old 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

If you're going whole hog you may have wanted to get the 886's then with all that weight on the front.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i will take a measurement tonight. i cant even remember stock numbers anymore. it would be interesting to see. i have a tape IN my truck, should i ever get lucky to park next to a TRD off road 4x4 stock. hasnt happened yet.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
If you're going whole hog you may have wanted to get the 886's then with all that weight on the front.
I was pretty torn between the 885s and 886s but talking to a few members here and on other forums and riding in trucks with both the 885 were more to my liking.

If I was going with the ARB bumper I would have for sure gone with the 886s
Old 07-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't plan to have 200lbs+ on the front of your truck within the next year or longer, don't get 885s. Call Toytec or Wheelers and ask them what they think.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
I was pretty torn between the 885s and 886s but talking to a few members here and on other forums and riding in trucks with both the 885 were more to my liking.

If I was going with the ARB bumper I would have for sure gone with the 886s
True enough I suppose.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
I am running 886 on front of mine and dakars in the rear. With my rear bumper I am starting to see some slight rear sag so I may run the add a leaf, but the 886 works GREAT for a V6 access with winch, bumper, skids, etc. I have quite a bit of weight in my truck now.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #12

Stock Measurements of a 2007 Access Cab TRD Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i will take a measurement tonight. i cant even remember stock numbers anymore. it would be interesting to see. i have a tape IN my truck, should i ever get lucky to park next to a TRD off road 4x4 stock. hasnt happened yet.
Okay so here are stock numbers for a 2007 Access Cab TRD Off Road. I went and parked on level ground and took these measurements. I have stock 16" rims with the Rugged Terrain tires (with little tread left).

Take a look at the first shot to see how these were measured.

Front Right (Passenger): 34.7"
Front Left (Driver): 34.3"
Back Right: 37.25"
Back Left: 37.25" + a little bit ...

So looks like even stock there's a bit of driver's side lean! And that's with nothing / no one in it! I wonder what it measures when I'm sitting there ... ?

So aficianado, any luck with the measurements of your Access Cab with the 884 OME setup? And also did you use the top plate spacers? If so what size?
Attached Thumbnails
Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!-front-right-small.jpg   Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!-front-right-closeup-small.jpg   Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!-front-left-small.jpg   Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!-back-right.jpg   Calling all Access Cab owners with the OME Suspension Kit installed!-back-left-closeup-small.jpg  

Old 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #13
arghh! i did measure..but forgot my cheat sheet!! damn sorry. i'll make a mental note to myself.

no top spacers.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #14
ok, measuring like you from the ground up..center at axle.

front: 36.5"
rear 38.5"
same from side to side..exactly.

i have the 884's up front. and the 1.5" aal in back, underneath NON TSB springs. no spacers. and that tiny trim spacer on the drivers side to adjust for lean.

looks like i gained. about 1.80ish" up front, and 1.25" in the back. not bad. i wanted minimum liftage. thanks.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #15

Thanks for the measurements! I'll post what I end up doing in a few weeks ...
Old 07-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #16
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
886's and a Toy Tec add-a-leaf gave me right at 3 inches of lift I wrote down the measurements but can't find them so here are some pics instead I had 235/85/16's before and put the 255/85/16's after lifting it (and washed it). I plan on ordering some dakars in the next few weeks the add-a-leaf is beginning to sag a little now.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rth View Post
886's and a Toy Tec add-a-leaf gave me right at 3 inches of lift I wrote down the measurements but can't find them so here are some pics instead I had 235/85/16's before and put the 255/85/16's after lifting it (and washed it). I plan on ordering some dakars in the next few weeks the add-a-leaf is beginning to sag a little now.

Thanks for the info and the pics!

How do you find the 886's ride with not much extra weight in the front (none that I can see in the pic, that is)?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
i had 885s with my access cab, it sagged, wished I had gone with 886s
Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #19
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Depending where you're ordering from the Dakar leafs have been on back order for the last month and a half. Still waiting on my kit from trdparts4u.com. They had the best price I could find but their customer service is sub par in my opinion.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarredposi View Post
Thanks for the info and the pics!

How do you find the 886's ride with not much extra weight in the front (none that I can see in the pic, that is)?
The ride isn't bad, stiff like a 3/4 ton but I pulled the sway bar and the truck is pretty stable and flexes well I posted some pics with the sway bar on and off. I planned on a bumper and winch right after lifting it but that has taken longer than expected currently the winch is in the mail ordered it yesterday and the bumper is being built by CBI in the next few weeks. I have been on the 886's for just under a year and it has been just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
i had 885s with my access cab, it sagged, wished I had gone with 886s
I found a lot of posts that said the same thing and with the plan for a bumper and winch I just went with the 886's right from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Depending where you're ordering from the Dakar leafs have been on back order for the last month and a half. Still waiting on my kit from trdparts4u.com. They had the best price I could find but their customer service is sub par in my opinion.
Thanks for the heads up I was going to call Wheelers on Monday and check on Dakars with an extra overload spring to support the new rear bumper that will be showing up in the next month or so. I've never used TRDparts4u as they were very rude on the phone when I called in the past so you are not the only one that feels that way.

With the sway bar pulled

With the sway bar on