Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

XM/Sirius Radio Antenna

Old 07-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
CockoMeaty will become famous soon enough
CockoMeaty's Tacoma Gallery
XM/Sirius Radio Antenna

Does anyone have any information regarding the use of the roof mounted antenna with the OEM SatRadio? I've got a '10 DC (non-JBL)

I've pulled the install instructions on Sirius and it shows an additional antenna. I've also pulled in the install instructions for XM and it shows an antenna cable. Obviously I would perfer the use of the roof mounted antenna and there is no difference to me on which service I use.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
You can get an antenna adapter at tssradio.com, it plugs in down by the kick panel. You will also need a tuner to use the factory radio, the whole package with antenna tuner is about 150 IIRC. Look in the audio forum there is a sat install thread for an 09 I think, should be the same.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Sounds like the best way to go!

Where is the connection made with the SFA12M? Meaning, does the headliner need to come down or does it it plug in around the kickpanel?
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CockoMeaty View Post
Sounds like the best way to go!

Where is the connection made with the SFA12M? Meaning, does the headliner need to come down or does it it plug in around the kickpanel?

Nevermind I think I answered my own question....kickpanel.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
You are wanting to enable SAT radio to work with your factory radio? Your truck probably came "SAT capable" not "SAT ready". What this means that everything is installed except the SAT receiver. It is about $450 for the dealer to install or you can buy and install for around $250 I believe it is. My truck was "SAT capable" but the dealer installed XM to make the sale.

I am well aware that the Radio is capable and I needed the kit, which I bought from Toyota. The only question I had was regarding the roof mounted antenna.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I was in the same boat as you and ended up buying the XM tuner and "fit kit" (wiring) from toyota as well . I installed it in less than a half hour, using the roof mounted antenna. You don't even need to remove the HU. Here is a pdf with the part numbers and install instructions for others who are interested.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1226508625.pdf (745.6 KB, 184 views)