Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

where is the fuse for my cig lighter!?

Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
where is the fuse for my cig lighter!?

i got an 08 base and im sure theres a fuse right in front of my face somewhere but i cannot find it! help me out im tired of chargin my gps on the computer
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlytravis View Post
i got an 08 base and im sure theres a fuse right in front of my face somewhere but i cannot find it! help me out im tired of chargin my gps on the computer
Have you tried opening your manual? There is a page layout of where they are.
There are fuses in the engine compartment, and under the dash on the drivers side. The manual will tell you where your fuse is located.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
its deffinitely not under the hood...ive looked several times...my cig fuse blew too but i had the dealer change it cuz i couldnt find it
Old 07-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

i tried browsin through it without much luck..ill take another peek i already no it aint under the hood lol i checked like a million times
Old 07-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
Look in the manual almost the last few pages. Fuse 47, 100 amp. Could be that one. Inside the cab.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Trap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trap's Tacoma Gallery
That bigger fuse feeds the other fuse. The only fuse in the book that says cigarette plug. The other fuse is for power outlets a 15 Amp fuse. Fuse 29
Old 07-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #7

thanks guys ill fiddle around with it
Old 07-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
JATaco will become famous soon enough
JATaco's Tacoma Gallery
Its behind the change compartment.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:05 PM   #9
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Behind your flip-down coin holder (near your left knee):

And, in the engine bay:
Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Power outlet fuse runs both cig lighter and aux outlet on a second gen I believe. Have you pulled that fuse and checked it yet?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #11

thanks guys i got it...it was under the coin tray...god i feel like a jack ass lol
Old 08-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #12
bmaynar2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bobby
bmaynar2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bmaynar2
re

Its behind the coin draw by left knee.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #13
Sunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: RC
Sunburst's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks guys i got it...it was under the coin tray...god i feel like a jack ass lol
There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers...This was a helpful post....
Old 09-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #14
Grizz is on a distinguished road
Army: Command Sergeant Major
Grizz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
Behind your flip-down coin holder (near your left knee):

And, in the engine bay:
Okay, I am guessing that this is true for the 2011 Tacoma?

The manual says there is a 100 amp fuse under the hood (34 AC SKT) for the lighter, but there is nothing in the slot..
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

The manual says there is a 100 amp fuse under the hood (34 AC SKT) for the lighter, but there is nothing in the slot..
Well theres your problem ok JK

when in doubt check them all. if you bought the truck used it could have been taken out and never replaced if that is so i dont think there would be much harm in just replacing the fuse.

best of luck.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post

(34 AC SKT) is referring to the optional 120 volt outlet in the bed.

Look for the 15A PWR OUTLET fuse behind the change tray.