1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wtf toyota???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jjw1, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Jul 24, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Had my truck serviced this a.m.. Oil, filter,tire rotation etc. I'd do it myself but I may have gained a few and besides, us "well-off" people are supposed to have others do our work for us. Any-a-who...The service chickie asked if I wanted the pedal chop and new floor-mats done today. I told her next time, see you in 3 thousand'ish miles. I stated that WE all know it wasn't a floor-mat/pedal problem to begin either, She smiled and nodded quietly in agreement. I do like the fact that I will be getting a brandy new pair of Toyota All-Weather mats, just like the ones I have now that came with the truck. She confirmed that they will be the same but different (winkie-poo). I guess the hooks will be installed in the floor and the world will once again turn in harmony with.....harmony?

I did look at a new 4door Tacoma with some fancy schmancy dealer installed shtuff that includes heated leather seats, Borla exhaust, roof rack, illuminated side steps (whew....pant pant...) cargo net, bed mat, bug defle....you get the point....$38,000. I'll take my free cup of coffee to go please. http://www.toyotacenter.com/new-inventory.html , search the double cab inventory and the click the big priced one.

One thing I did fall in lust with was a new 'runner. This was 2 wheel drive with the 2.7 4 banger and loaded out nicely. $28 bushel....not to shabby.

Ok, I'm done for now.

2. Jul 24, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

What do I think ? I think you need to relax a bit. First off when a manufacturer initiates a recall for a defect (whether or not its voluntary or court ordered) the cost of repairing or replacing the defect, ALL cost are shouldered by the manufacturer in question, because its a MANUFACTURER DEFECT !! I have never heard of ANY recall where the vehicle owner is billed for anything safety related , parts or labor. so calm down , take a pill, take a nap or whatever you need to do. Ya should be glad that Toyota (or any other car maker for that matter ) is letting you know. & from what I understand the one runaway Lexus that the CHP officer & his family died in Santee,CA ( happened about 5 miles from me) because of stuck throttle had the paddle shifter ( I guess its on the steering wheel/coulum) & cannot be "thrown" into neutral ( I wondered the same thing you guys are sayin' ) as far as the prius goes I dunno. So maybe ya should get it done or instead of "WTF" Toyota, you'll be sayin' "WDI" (Why Didn't I) if the now known defect rears its ugly head on your truck, I mean what is it ? an inch or so off the bottom of your gas pedal ? So WTF is the big deal with that ? OK I get that you don't want ANYONE fucking with your truck ... BUT !! Now that the defect is public knowledge & Toyota has made it known to its customers about the recall & God forbid your truck should happen to go bat shit on you & you cream someone in an intersection, take a guess who's going to be held liable for any property / personal injury ? If your 16 in all likelyhood it'll be your parents seeing how you aren't legally old enough to own/ or have registered in your name, & you can't come back with a B.S. excuse like "I didn't know" That ain't gonna fly in court I promise you, you /your parents have receit of letter from Toyota's disclosure of the recall......:cool:

3. Jul 24, 2010 at 8:19 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Never got a letter but I trimmed my Weathertechs myself. It's my clutch that got hung up on them not the gas petal.

4. Jul 24, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    T.T.09

T.T.09 Active Member

Member:
    WINNIPEG,MB,CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2018,DOUBLE CAB,TRD SPORT METALLIC GREY
    I all so got the recall letter in the mail today.i have a question people with the weathertech floor mats are you getting the recall done.:canada:

5. Jul 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM
    tbturner47

tbturner47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hickory, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Barcelona Red TRD Off Road

Take the mats out if you do, then put them back in when your done

6. Jul 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    They had this recall for my truck. When I took it to the dealer, the service rep saw that I had Weathertech mats and she said they didn't need to replace anything since I had the after market mats. My guess is it's a mat modification, not a pedal modification.

7. Jul 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    JudeLeBlanc

JudeLeBlanc Active Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Single Cab PreRunner SR5
    Weather Techs
    if mine gets stuck wide open im putting it in neutral and calling toyota for them to put a longblock in it

8. Jul 24, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...

As it was explained to me, it's both. Like I said in my post seeing that I have Toyota's all weather mats, they will replace them with new All-Weather mats AND modify the pedal.

9. Jul 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
  10. Jul 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    TREY4x4

TREY4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Dacula, GA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Sport 4x4 DBCB, 2010 TRD OR 4x4 DBCB
    Bilstein 5100's front/back set at 1.75", Pioneer AVIC110-BT head unit, JL 6x9 front and Alpine 6.5 rear, OEM bed mat, Weathertech floor mats, OEM sill protectors, Window tint, N-Fab side steps
    Exactly! After I opened a case with Toyota Corporate (case # and everything), they stated a representative from the dealership would call me within 3 days.

This past Monday I received the call and they guy knew exactly why I was calling and basically said "we have them in stock, just come by whenever you can, it shouldn't take long".

My reply "why didn't someone tell me this when I was there".

Rep: "we're not supposed to tell anyone"

Then he went on to say they have had a LOT of complaints. One in particular was a very short lady who says she literally cannot reach the gas now. She has since hired an attorney and it's in limbo.

11. Jul 28, 2010 at 6:53 PM
    bluescoops

bluescoops Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 sport Blue
    I work at a toyota dealer and have personally done the recall on a few tacomas. I myself am kinda iffy on doing the recall to my own truck because they actually take a good bit off (more than the camrys and corollas). i may just order a new pedal and be done with it. The standard recall consists of cutting the pedal, reflashing the main powertrain ecu and replacing all-weather floor mats. If they have aftermarket mats in them we just move them to the passenger side for legal reasons and the customer can reinstall them later.

12. Jul 28, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Does the re-flashing of the powertrain ECU install the brake override system ?

13. Jul 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    bluescoops

bluescoops Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 sport Blue
    yes it does

14. Jul 28, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Thanks

15. Jul 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    bluescoops

bluescoops Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 sport Blue
    no problem

Products Discussed in

To Top