1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have suggestions for a GOOD insurance company?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JLink, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Jul 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    cpataco

cpataco Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Gap covers the difference between what the insurance company pays you (I.e cash value) and the remaining amount of your loan. Replacement cost policy gives you the difference in the cash value and the cost of a brand new Tacoma. If you put a decent down payment then the gap insurance becomes less meaningful. Take the replacement cost rider over gap.

2. Jul 25, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    aces2

aces2 Senior Arshole

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 RR AC 4x4
    Flowmaster 40, K&N CAI, RED brake light bulbs, BHLM, Rear dif breather line, Factory Skidplate painted BLACK, DRL's, YELLOW bulbs in Fogs Turn Signals and Marker lights, Custom "Toy Machine" center emblem, Sockmonkey "Nor-Cal" decals all BLACK, Redline tailgate damper and hood sruts, Painted steering wheel emblem BLACK, 12V always on, Foglight mod, 16" Pro-Comp 7089 rims BLACK powdercoated acorn lugnuts, BFG KM2's 285-75-16, Painted exhaust pipe BLACK, BLACK emblems all the way around, Rear BLACK bumper from base model, Radical RED "sport" grille-surround, Factory Toyota Bed extender, RED maglight mounted on each seat's side, TRD ball-type shift knob, Custom mounted Scangauge II under stereo, Aftermarket HU, Hardwired Garmin GPS 260W, TSB w/AAL and 2.5" 5100's, Weathertech floor liners, Removed front mud flaps, 95-04 "4WD" rear mudflaps, 3rd Brake light "TACO", BLACK front lip
    Usaa.

3. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I have Country Insurance, I've been with them for 10 years and they have been great, I've only filed 1 claim for bumping someone from behind and my rates didn't go up at all. Price is good but I have all of my insurance through them, 2 homes, 2 cars and everything else.

4. Jul 26, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    x2

5. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Not impressed yet. They've claimed responsibility but... until they actually pay something out (since may 8th thus far) I'm very much not impressed. Slow as hell. USAA actually cut Toyota the check for me to get back paid from Amica. Also the rep said he'd send me his e-mail so I could scan stuff to send him... never did. Sent me stuff in the mail, I got it literally four weeks later. The mail might have been the postal service screwed up but... thus far I'm not so sure.

USAA FTMFW.

6. Jul 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
    I have Erie Insurance, they seem to be the cheapest when you add in all the toys, and in past experiences they gave me market value for a totalled snowmobile and truck damage claim

If you have extra mods, stereo, rims etc, check to make sure that the insurance company covers or offers an addition rider for the added insurance value.

Some do, some don't...some stuff you can get back after the truck is totalled as well.

7. Jul 26, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    bhunt49

bhunt49 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport, 4x4, White
    USAA x475837584

8. Jul 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    Joe in the hills

Joe in the hills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Cleveland, SC
    Vehicle:
    Timberline Mica SR5 TRD Offroad Towing Pk
    TJM Bull Bar Bumper, 7100 Bilstiens on FE, 4 Leaf Spring Retro
    X's 9 for USAA

Been with them for 25 years, and before that on my father's USAA policy.

Auto, Home, Life, and Banking.

Got $3,500 off by going through their buyers service when I got my Taco,
    plus $1,500 off from Toyota.

Lovin it...

9. Jul 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I have Erie also. Been with them for years and never had any issues (house insurance & vehicle insurance with them). I've had several minor accidents that were never 'my' fault. Repairs were made almost immediately while they pursued the other insurance companies for payments. Totalled my first jeep on the highway.... got that taken care of pretty quickly also.

I can't complain...and why I'm still with them.

10. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    solidcopy

solidcopy High Speed, Low Drag

Member:
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    Amica has few bad faith claims and is highly rated, but the company is anti-gun, if that matters to anyone. They would not insure my home unless I signed an affadavit confirming I would not have a gun in my home even though I live alone. They claim it is too much risk. I had to cancel my auto/home policy as a result of this.

11. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    buzhazzard

buzhazzard Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic Grey DC 4X4
    Wet Okole seat covers, Weathertech floor mats, blacked out tail lights, leer cap, OME 885s in front and leaf pack in rear with AAL, bhlm, all pro sliders, Pioneer head unit, rear plate bumper, US Off Road hidden winch mount, 10k lb winch, On-board water
    USAA times one billionty.

I had someone Tbone me in my Z71 years ago. I went to the shop to check on things and the shop said they had found other damage when they went in. They called USAA on speaker (USAA had no idea I was in the room) and asked the person on the other end of the line what he wanted to do. The USAA rep replied, "Do what it takes to take care of our client."

I knew at that point I would never swap insurance companies. I have had car insurance with them for 22 years. Now I have homeowners and life as well.

12. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Same experience. As I stated earlier .... $3400 parts/repair for a truck booking at $2800. That just about sums it up ..... let's go get pizza and beer.

13. Jul 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    08TRDOFFROAD

08TRDOFFROAD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    21' Tundra Platinum & 08' TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's w/front's set at 1.75", TRD exhaust, Colormatched grill, Illuminated 4wd selector switch, BAMF Bolt on Sliders w/kickout.
    NationWide has always been great for me!

14. Jul 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    I have had Wawanesa Insurance for the past 5 years and love them. I have only had one claim since joining and the process was smooth and they were on it at every point.

They are a local Insurance in California and Oregon so you don't have the option really. I shop them every year and every year they come out the lowest price to.

15. Jul 27, 2010 at 4:01 AM
    JLink

JLink [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Nice. i'll have to look into USAA. I am eligible for NJM (New Jersey Manufacturers) so i'm going to call them today.

Sounds like USAA is some good shit tho.. lol

16. Jul 27, 2010 at 4:27 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    USAA member since 1988.
    They don't insure my motorcycle anymore, they use Progressive as a partner company for that.

17. Jul 30, 2010 at 1:42 AM
    aGirlandherTaco

aGirlandherTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Katrina
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    KMC XD edition-Enduro Wheels, Cooper Discoverer STT Tires. Westin Bull Bar, Westin Running boards, Billet Grilles, Tinted Windows, 2 inch revtek lift, Under Cover Tonneau Cover
    I have Country Insurace also.

18. Jul 30, 2010 at 2:31 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Insurance companies are not your friends. They are there to make money off of you. Some are better than others. Ex..my dad a few years back in his 70's never made a claim on his nationwide policy, buys a new sunfire and they jacked up his rates because they said he had a sports car. Some lady hit my daughters camry in the rear bumper, since there was a little damage on the other side of the bumper they prorated the damage done by this "all state" insurer which was in no way comparing apples to apples. And for those of you about to put kids on your policy..expect your rates to double over night. Good grades help. Part of high rates is because cars are so easily totaled these days and instead of paying for a fender bender, the whole front end gets smashed, air bags deploy,

19. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    PatrickJW

PatrickJW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Rural Maine USA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD off road/towing package
    Just begining, doing some research having some fun!!
    GF and I both had State Farm, for a long time. Both easily got financed for new vehicle loans from state farm bank recently.

20. Jul 30, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    jcox10

jcox10 Member

Member:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    10 DC Sport, Black, Debadged
    Debadged
    I wish I could get USAA :(

Products Discussed in

To Top