Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

problem changing the oil for first time

Old 07-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
yv1650c is on a distinguished road
Name: Carlos
yv1650c's Tacoma Gallery
problem changing the oil for first time

I think it was going to be easy chaing the oil by myself, but the oil in the inverse oilfilter become on all parts, and now my engine is like an old truck engine lacking oil every part in the fornt left area.
excuse my bad english, how do you do to not get oil in everywhere on the engine?

thank you
Old 07-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #3
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...tml#post124480

This should help.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
I use the the 3/8" (I believe) tubing attach it to the end under the filter and grey tape a 2 litre plastic bottle to the tubing on the exit end and catch the oil. Pour that in the recycle oil and take it all to autozone. No mess. 15 minute job.

Azbackcountry
Old 07-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #9
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I ran a piece of hose down to the frame. Coupla zip ties and it was a done deal. Testing it sometime this week.
I would think that it would slowly drip oil for days?
Old 07-25-2010, 06:20 AM   #10
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
I would think that it would slowly drip oil for days?
Me, too. I use the 3/8' tubing but I remove it after each oil change. I have to store it in a plastic bag since it still has oil in it despite my best efforts to drain it all out... it would drip for at least a day if I let it.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #11
StarGazer is on a distinguished road

Name: MegaMan!
StarGazer's Tacoma Gallery
I use 5/16" fuel line, I measured it to be long enough to reach my oil catch pan. But very rely do I need it because I drain the oil first then I remove the filter w/ the tubing attached for just in case.