Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Took the Tacoma on road trip to Colorado. Pics inside!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Took the Tacoma on road trip to Colorado. Pics inside!

Drove up to Vail, CO to visit my brother in law, and figured I'd snap some shots along the way. Let me know what you guys think!

Route 66 in Amarillo, TX

Top of Pikes Peak, Elevation 14,110 feet.

At the base of Mt. Democrat, elevation 14148. The first 14000' peak hike I've done.

Driving back from Mt. Democrat after the hike.

A little trail driving up to Piney Woods Lake.

Played a round of golf at Beaver Creek Golf Club, when I got out to the valet, this was parked next to me. The valet guys must see them every day because I walked out and said "Wow, what a machine..." and his response was "Yeah man, hey where did you get this locking tailgate (dynolock)? I can't believe it opens with the key fob!"

This is just at some gas station in middle of the nowhere New Mexico. Thought it was a cool shot.

Great Sand Dunes National Park in Southern Colorado. That sand is HOT...would not recommend hiking it barefoot like some idiots (me).

Great trip, too bad it's back to work now.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery

nice pics but i wouldnt park my truck next to that pile of shit
Old 07-25-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics!
Old 07-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
nice pics. thx for sharing. =)

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 07-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
Nice shots! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #7
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery
I once floored a new V6 Taurus at 10,000+ ft in Colorado. On loose gravel, it couldn't spin the tires. Rental car. I think in the city it was a bit peppier, but it makes the case for turbos and superchargers.

Nice pics. Makes me want to burn some gas myself.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
haha great pics!!! im in colorado right now headed to MOAB n then down to AZ to visit my aunt!!! lots of FUN!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! Here are a few more shots. Such a scenic state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Too cool! How did the truck run at those elevations? I've always been curious how the power loss feels.
I didn't really notice a difference, but I'm notorious for not noticing things.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha. I thought the difference would be big. I guess that's not so. Or maybe you were so distracted by the beautiful mountains that you didn't have a chance to notice.
Any loss I felt, I probably attributed to the extreme topography and driving uphill a lot. Didn't even enter my mind about the elevation itself. I'm sure they both played a factor.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Very nice man... also that Ferrari is blocking your rims!
Old 07-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
haha. I thought the difference would be big. I guess that's not so. Or maybe you were so distracted by the beautiful mountains that you didn't have a chance to notice.
With modern fuel injection and computer controls it can remap on the fly to compensate for the loss of incoming air (detected by the MAF). You'll still probably feel a bit less power but it'll be relatively negligible compared to an old carb you'd have to manually tune for it.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #14
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
With modern fuel injection and computer controls it can remap on the fly to compensate for the loss of incoming air (detected by the MAF). You'll still probably feel a bit less power but it'll be relatively negligible compared to an old carb you'd have to manually tune for it.
Interesting. I didn't take that into consideration. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Good to know....
Old 07-25-2010, 07:13 PM   #16
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
where in Colorado was this? close to steam boat springs? or haden?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:00 AM   #17
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06redtacoma View Post
where in Colorado was this? close to steam boat springs? or haden?
The pictures vary since they are from the whole road trip. For reference Pikes Peak is near Colorado Springs, and Mt. Democrat is halfway between Vail and Denver.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #18
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Very cool pics. Had you been there before?
Old 07-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have wheeled that same road you are on to pikes peak. and im from Alabama. small world.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Very cool pics. Had you been there before?
I'd been skiing there in the winter, but never been in the summer. Everything looks so different without the snow.