Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Composite bed damage

Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #21
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
OR...Toyota could have made it black all the way through. The bed gets scratched up if you sneeze on it and the white under the black really glares through.

That being said, only the first scratch/gouge bothered me. I'm used to it now, so whatever.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #22
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
i have scratches from moving stuff, im just going to get a cover for the bed and call it a day rather then rhino lining it. But I do agree you would think toyota would have thought that a little more through with that bedliner.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #23
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Right, user should have thought about that and put down a piece of plywood
That's exactly what I did. I had Home Depot cut a 3.5' X 6' piece of of a 4X8 sheet. Stuff can still slide, but who cares if the plywood gets scratched up!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #24
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
i still think it holds up better than the metal beds...
Old 07-27-2010, 05:56 AM   #25
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post
half to agree on that. I think its a little nicer then the one i had stock in my 2001
Old 07-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #26
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTaco View Post
half to agree on that. I think its a little nicer then the one i had stock in my 2001
I have to agree with y'all .... it will take some abuse.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #27
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
I for one could give a shit less what the bed looks like. Whats the purpose for buying a pick up and worrying about scratching the bed. Or the scratches being ugly. I have a solution. Dont put anything in the bed...

No offense i think its silly to be that worried about the bed. I dont think toyota made the bed black all the way through because i dont think they were that worried about it. why spend more money in design or additional coloring for the composite to be the same color through out. who really cares. well obviously some people.

my .02

Rant over haha
Old 07-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #28
MachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMachoTaco10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Security Forces
Name: Nick
MachoTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
So after hauling a ford v8 to a scrap yard I have a dozen or so gouges that have penetrated the bed and I have white fibers exposed... anyone know of an epoxy to seal up these gouges?

Thats considered damage to you? Its a truck bed...
Old 07-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #29
toast is on a distinguished road
toast's Tacoma Gallery
No, no you're wrong OP. See the problem here is that you're clearly missing all the oak leaves, sand, random trash, ratchet straps, surfboard leashes, cut pieces of wood, that should be covering up the bed.

at least that solved my 'problem'
Old 07-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #30
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Damn and I just slammed my tailgate with piece of iron. Yeah it hurt for a minute but its a truck so its going to get scratched, my bad is all scratched up due to all kinds of things carried there

IT"S A TRUCK NOT A PU$$Y WAGON
Old 07-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #31
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post

IT"S A TRUCK NOT A PU$$Y WAGON
Definitely not a tacoma

Old 07-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #32
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
I use my truck and will continue to use my truck, but i dont like to mess it up... be it the bed the doors bumper or interior. I asked yall to see if yall had some helpful ideas not about how i could fix it, not about how i should use it.

Be helpful or GTFO
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #33
toast is on a distinguished road
toast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I use my truck and will continue to use my truck, but i dont like to mess it up... be it the bed the doors bumper or interior. I asked yall to see if yall had some helpful ideas not about how i could fix it, not about how i should use it.

Be helpful or GTFO
I'd say your choices are:

Bed mat
Plywood

Why bother trying to fix a little scratch when its going to happen again unless you protect the bed all over?
Old 07-27-2010, 05:40 PM   #34
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
some of the gouges are pretty deep, and itll happen again and ill prolly fix them again... since im going on vaca it will be awhile b4 i try anything but im going to try black paint w/ fiberglass resin
Old 07-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #35
Peru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud of
Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
I for one could give a shit less what the bed looks like. Whats the purpose for buying a pick up and worrying about scratching the bed. Or the scratches being ugly. I have a solution. Dont put anything in the bed...

No offense i think its silly to be that worried about the bed. I dont think toyota made the bed black all the way through because i dont think they were that worried about it. why spend more money in design or additional coloring for the composite to be the same color through out. who really cares. well obviously some people.

my .02

Rant over haha
I agree. I have scratches all up and down my truck from riding in the bush. Hell, my bed looks better than the paint on the side of my 2007. Had I wanted a car to take care of Ida bought a Porsche or similar. For crying out loud It's a god damn tuck. If I were to complain about a design flaw in the truck the bed would be the last place.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #36
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru View Post
I agree. I have scratches all up and down my truck from riding in the bush. Hell, my bed looks better than the paint on the side of my 2007. Had I wanted a car to take care of Ida bought a Porsche or similar. For crying out loud It's a god damn tuck. If I were to complain about a design flaw in the truck the bed would be the last place.
so b/c u tear up your paint its ok for me to tear up my truck, thats retarded... no matter what i do with my truck im going to do my best to cause the least amount of damage to it. Resale value means something to some of us too
Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #37
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so b/c u tear up your paint its ok for me to tear up my truck, thats retarded... no matter what i do with my truck im going to do my best to cause the least amount of damage to it. Resale value means something to some of us too
X2, not just resale... Taking care of my truck to maintain the least amount of scratches/dings is priority for me. Hell, I'm gonna take damn good care of a 27K truck and prevent damage where I can.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #38
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this new Tacoma to get me to work and haul the occasional big item. I didn't buy it to haul stuff or go 4 wheelin'. I want to keep it perfect for 5 years and then trade it in on whatever I want at that time. I do kinda envy you guys that don't care if your truck gets scratched up because you don't worry about such stuff.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #39
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most definitely!!!! I had a 1990 Nissan pickup and the bed had holes all over. Not sure what from, but it looked like swiss cheese after 10 years. It was not abused, just gently used.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #40
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
I bought this new Tacoma to get me to work and haul the occasional big item. I didn't buy it to haul stuff or go 4 wheelin'. I want to keep it perfect for 5 years and then trade it in on whatever I want at that time. I do kinda envy you guys that don't care if your truck gets scratched up because you don't worry about such stuff.
Its not that people don't care but if you buy truck with plan on keeping forever there is no reason to cry about dings. In 10 -15 years still there are going to be scratches no matter how much you take care of it. Its not Porsche that you drive around the block once a month. Its work truck that drives, hauls and conquers.
Its like expecting Viking not to have battle scars.