LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

BFG Load range C better than a load range E?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
TenaciousTaco is on a distinguished road
TenaciousTaco's Tacoma Gallery
BFG Load range C better than a load range E?

i was just wondering if you guys with BFG all terrains like load range C better than E. I just ordered a set of BFG's in 26570R17 to get a load range C think that will be a good choice ?? opinions and comments or sugestions are welcome please

Thanks Nate
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Get what your truck is rated for. Thicker sidewalls mean more rolling resistance. The only time thicker is better is when you tow heavy frequently; There is less squirm and better steering feel.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
6ply vs 10 ply. 10 ply will have a higher load rating, be much stronger sidewall... but will be a much stiffer ride too.

If you're abusing off-road a lot, 10ply will take rock abuse a lot more.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
10 ply will make it ride like dump truck. If you do a lot of wheelin I would go E. If you only do avg.... to below avg, I would go C.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Load range C is still be stiffer than whats on 'em out of the box. Load range E is overkill unless, like others have said, you need the thicker sidewalls to take more abuse.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Just to note, I believe my last BFG AT's were C range (not 100% sure though). They were stiffer, but honestly the truck felt better on the road. More planted, more secure somehow. Might feel a few extra bumps but it's a truck.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have load range D 285 bfg at's seem to ride alright i have a lift and i get around 17.5 mpg i do a lot of interstate and i baby it around town, just always have.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
TenaciousTaco is on a distinguished road
TenaciousTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Alright well i ordered C's so i think i will be pretty happy with em thanks for all the inputs and advice
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I was told BFG stopped making the C's. All they have now are D's and E's. What I was told.

The E's killed my mpgs.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the links at the bottom of this age. There are already numerous threads on this topic.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the C's. The main reason I did not get the BFG's is because they only offer 265/75/16 in a load range E. My coopers are Load range D and ride pretty rough.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Lonewolf's Tacoma Gallery
I may be wrong but I think the "C" rated At's which I have are "severe weather rated" with an icon of a mountain. The D's or E's are not.
I know here in Cali if CHP sees that designation on your tires, no snow chains required in snow.

BFG website shows this.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
when i bough my bfg a/t's i noticed that the E rated tires were a bit smaller and the tread wasnt as deep as the D rated tires. both were 285/75/16's but the D tire was a little taller than the E's.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
I got E's without knowing to much about load ranges, that be the last time. Really killed my mpg. So just speaking about mpg's though, C > E.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
I was told BFG stopped making the C's. All they have now are D's and E's. What I was told.

The E's killed my mpgs.
I just bought C rated 265/70/17's, so unless they are old stock I think they are still making them. They are 6-ply and have the severe snow mountain symbol.

I like 'em, didn't really notice a change in ride quality over the horrible stock Dueler 684 II's.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #16
stinky_truck will become famous soon enough
Name: ryan
stinky_truck's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't know a hole lot about tires either and got 265/75 r16 10 ply a year ago and mpg went down, and i heard a clunk every time i shifted.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
ive got E ratings on my 265/75/16's (BFG at/ko) and I love them. No issues at all.