1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cap without windows?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Deuxdiesel, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Jul 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    Deuxdiesel

Deuxdiesel [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE MI
    Vehicle:
    '12 Silver Streak stocker
    Considering getting a cap for my DC, but wondering about deleting the side windows. It would save weight, money, and offer a little more security. I'm wondering if it would look funny though, like the slammed mini-truck thing. Any pictures of something like this or constructive comments?

2. Jul 26, 2010 at 1:01 PM
    GT150

GT150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Blairsville Ga
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner V-6
    I would do what suits your needs, but it might hinder your vision some. as far as the weight of the window, you won't notice it. I have an ARE cap and have the side windows that open up and allow me access to the bed from front to back. I love this, it allows me to slide things either in or out without getting in the bed.

Mike

3. Jul 26, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    No windows makes it a pain in the ass to back out of a driveway without getting t boned.

I wouldn't do it, I've driven plenty of work trucks with solid shells. Mine has windows.

You could always get some security screens made up if you are worried about breakins. But the rear hatch is always going to be the weak link.

4. Jul 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Or just saw a hole in it. If there is a way they will figure it out. Best is don't leave stuff you want to keep inside. Even with windows it's easy to have problems with extra blind spots. Would not even consider getting one without windows. If they want it bad enough they will just steal the truck.

5. Jul 26, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    back up camera and side mirrors is all one needs.

6. Jul 26, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I would add a window or two if you are going to sleep in it. I had one with side windows and I loved being able to get fresh air when I slept back there.

Products Discussed in

To Top