Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FireStone Ride-Rite Install question...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 AM   #121
Gregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGregman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gregman's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my Ride Rites something like 3 years ago and they have performed flawlessly. I meant to include some pictures of where I mounted my compressor. Handy little rig.

Yes, my truck is filthy under the hood. I'm going to clean it this week.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #122
chillis is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
chillis's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics, i got a few things beside my battery in the way preventing a drivers side install, so i am going to put mine on the passenger side.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #123
LaTorre is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
LaTorre's Tacoma Gallery
Installed Firestone air bags today running at 15psi smooth and good on bumps.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #124
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
After seeing the serious sag with my Coleman pop-up tent trailer one week-end and some sag from only 6 bags of mulch in the bed anohter week-end I got some installed last week. Keep them at 15 PSI, the ride is good, no more saggy-saggy. Didn't get the compressor, they fill really easy with a bike pump. Highly recommend them.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #125
Adenture Taco
RMtacoma is on a distinguished road

RMtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hi There,
I appreciate all the insight and install advice on the ride rites. I am interested in installing them on my stock suspension 05 TRD Sport. Few questions. Is it over kill to install these bags for two dirt bikes in the bed, or a topper with sleeping platform in the bed? Is there any way to keep the bags on the truck if I were to install a rear lift kit of anything other than blocks (like the full leaf kit that comes with the OME - Dakar leaf kit). Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #126
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMtacoma View Post
Hi There,
I appreciate all the insight and install advice on the ride rites. I am interested in installing them on my stock suspension 05 TRD Sport. Few questions. Is it over kill to install these bags for two dirt bikes in the bed, or a topper with sleeping platform in the bed? Is there any way to keep the bags on the truck if I were to install a rear lift kit of anything other than blocks (like the full leaf kit that comes with the OME - Dakar leaf kit). Thanks
If your bed is sagging that it's not overkill. Having them will also save your leafs from sagging over time with a topper or any other constant extra weight.

I just installed Daystar Air Bag Cradles today and so far (only a day) I highly recommend them. More info on this thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ft-thread.html
Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #127
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi There,
You won't need a rear lift kit or a full leaf kit with air bags. I love air bags because I can lift the truck to any height I need to make it level. Whether it's 15lbs empty, or 50 with my sled in the back. They also take the weight off the springs which is the point of them. If you get a full leaf kit, you'll make your ride much rougher.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #128
romafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really niceromafern is just really nice
Army: 66H8A5K
Name: Rob
romafern's Tacoma Gallery
I just want to say that the ride rite are da shizzle!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #130
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Link?
Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #131
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Link?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ft-thread.html
Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #132
Adenture Taco
RMtacoma is on a distinguished road

RMtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the advice. I am definitely going with the kit once I get another pay check. It is sad looking at the truck when I have both bikes in the back. As for the suspension lift. I will wait and see, it is a ways off but at least I know there are options with the air lift and springs and multiple combinations.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #133
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for all the advice. I am definitely going with the kit once I get another pay check. It is sad looking at the truck when I have both bikes in the back. As for the suspension lift. I will wait and see, it is a ways off but at least I know there are options with the air lift and springs and multiple combinations.
I thought my suspension lift was a ways off. Within a year I went from stock, to Air Ride, to Air Ride with OME, to OME w/ AirRide and All Pro Expos, then to ICON stage 5....

So it happens fast when you least expect it.

The Air Ride is a great start though
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #134
Utard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shedUtard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Utard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I thought my suspension lift was a ways off. Within a year I went from stock, to Air Ride, to Air Ride with OME, to OME w/ AirRide and All Pro Expos, then to ICON stage 5....

So it happens fast when you least expect it.

The Air Ride is a great start though
HA.

Looks like I am on the same road as you.

I have bags and have been thinking hard about getting the front OME.

So....Should I just skip the BS and go straight for the ICONs?

My only problem is I have to keep the bags. Sometimes I tow a 5,500 lbs trailer.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #135
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
HA.

My only problem is I have to keep the bags. Sometimes I tow a 5,500 lbs trailer.
Keep the bags, it will make the ICON's last a lot longer
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #137
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utard View Post
HA.

I would just skip the OME if your goal is the ICONS in the end. You will spend money on the OME- Then loose it when you sell the OME... I would do this to a tee.

Contact a few of the retailers that sell the ICON product. See what kind of pricing you can get, and see where you need to be financially. THEN possibly see if you can pay in installments til you pay them off IF they even are willing to do something like that.

I got all my ICON gear from MetalTech4x4.com They had the 15% sale going on at the time and were more than accomodating to my situation.

DownSouthMotorsports have some GREAT deals.

If you feel like getting gear ASAP, I hear SDHQ has most everything in stock. Just be careful with them, they get aggressive with the sales and for some can be a bit much.

I am going to see if I can find a local shop to me that might have a variety of the Air Bags themselves in stock. The TUNDRA kit looks like the bags would be a perfect mate for the additional height I gained.

Funny though, I just sold my kit and am already looking for a replacement for it.

Take a look at my build thread for the ICONS I got. I am happy with them so far. Completely different feel than the OME. OME was boom bom boom work work work. Icons are more like squash float squash float.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #138
Zdeech is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
Zdeech's Tacoma Gallery
Firestone included wrong sized air fittings!!!

First I want to say that I appreciate the info about the ride rite air springs on the forum. Especially Gregman for the pics and write up and Sam_i02 for the tip about removing the bump stumps and cutting them on a band saw.

Maybe file this under a new thread "Things you thought you were going to do to your Tacoma today"

I ordered the Firestone Ride Rite kit from Amazon (2407 for Tacoma 4wd 05-11) and was looking forward to getting them installed this morning. I start organizing the hardware and tools and do the pre-assembly. I get to the point where you screw the air fitting into the spring and what dah frick? The air fitting will not screw into the air spring. I shake it off for a second, pour myself another cup of coffee, and take a second look. Nope, not even close. The air fitting is way too large.

I belted out a few full volume F bombs (a tradition passed down the male line of my family) and call the firestone number. They are closed, and are open Monday through Friday. Beautiful. I double checked all the other hardware in the kit, and I don't appear to be missing anything else. Looks like Dijon F did a bang up job packing this box up on 05/02/13.

I was considering boxing it up and sending it back to Amazon, but it isn't their fault. I think Firestone needs to make this right. I hope they will expedite the correct sized air fitting to me. I will call them on Monday. Pretty annoying, I really wanted these installed this weekend for a trip next weekend.
I am wondering if anyone else has had any quality control issues on the parts contents of this kit?
Old 06-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #139
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Zach, that really bites. If you have a Lowe's or a similar store nearby, they'll probably have the correct fittings for a few dollars. I agree that Firestone should make it right, but if you want it done this weekend ...
Old 06-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #140
Zdeech is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
Zdeech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Zach, that really bites. If you have a Lowe's or a similar store nearby, they'll probably have the correct fittings for a few dollars. I agree that Firestone should make it right, but if you want it done this weekend ...
Thanks for the tip, I don't have any experience with air fittings. I think I will head over to a hardware store and see if I can find a couple that will work.

Products Discussed in this Thread