Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tri-fold soft bed cover: which one?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Tri-fold soft bed cover: which one?

Lund Genesis Tri-Fold $350
Tonno-Pro Tri-Fold $270
Xtang Trifecta $390
Torza Top $350
Ionic Tri-Fold $330

Price of the Tonno-pro obviously has me both tempted and wary. Really like the look of the latches on the Torza the best.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Tacoma#2 is on a distinguished road

Navy: MA2
Tacoma#2's Tacoma Gallery
Soft cover

My buddy just picked up the Advantage Hard Hat (it's the Torza with an added layer of plastic/composite) and it has the same clips as the Advantage Torza. If security/snow isn't an issue, I'd recommend the Torza soft top.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Damn the Trifecta has gone up in price. I paid $300 shipped in 2007.
So my vote is the trifecta. I have had mine since March 2007 with no issues. The cover has been on and off a lot & seen lots of use in past 3 yrs. No water has gotten in & has held well in the harsh winter up here.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pics-how.html

Try that
Old 07-27-2010, 01:54 AM   #6
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Add another vote for the Extang Trifecta. I really like mine. No issues with it yet
Old 07-27-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
Turdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of light
Turdburglar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Damn the Trifecta has gone up in price. I paid $300 shipped in 2007.
So my vote is the trifecta. I have had mine since March 2007 with no issues. The cover has been on and off a lot & seen lots of use in past 3 yrs. No water has gotten in & has held well in the harsh winter up here.
So this holds up well under the weight of snow? I'm seriously considering one of these and that's one of my concerns.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #8
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the feedback so far. To those with the Extang do you find any issues with the locking handles? They look kind of large and like they stick down quite a bit.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turdburglar View Post
So this holds up well under the weight of snow? I'm seriously considering one of these and that's one of my concerns.
yes it has seen plenty of heavy snow and ice. One storm after I clenaed it off.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #12
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pics Janster.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:08 AM   #13
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
Thanks for the feedback so far. To those with the Extang do you find any issues with the locking handles? They look kind of large and like they stick down quite a bit.
There are times when the back of my truck is full full full ie. traveling at christmas or camping that I have to make sure my cargo is packed to reach the handles. This has only happened a couple of times but the honest answer is yes, it can be a pita at those times.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an EFX trifold. I think it's a just a rebranded torza, it has the exact same latches for the bed rail and all that. Anyways I like it a lot and it doesn't let any water in.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Lund Genesis for mine. $125 in mint condition off Craigslist. Score for me!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #16
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Wound up ordering the trifecta. Autoanythimg.com was great to deal with
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #17
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Great choice

Products Discussed in this Thread