Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Spare Tire Carrier for 2nd gen (uses OEM bed bolts)

Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Spare Tire Carrier for 2nd gen (uses OEM bed bolts)

I made this today for a 2nd gen Tacoma. The 2 front feet bolt to the factory bed bolts to disperse the weight of a big spare tire and wheel on the composite bed. This should eliminate any "pull through" that some aftermarket carriers are known for. This will work with any size tire/wheel and are available as of now. The feet are thick 1/4" plate and the frame consists of 1-3/4" and 1-1/2" 120 wall. Handle is 1-1/4" and fully capped. $225 + shipping (calculated by area)

The next one will have the 2 main tubes the tire sits on bolted to the front frame to keep shipping costs down. This will allow it to break down and be shipped in the shape of a lower rectangle unlike this one that was calculated as a big square. It'll make the difference of about $40 vs $100 like this one was.

Attached Thumbnails
Spare Tire Carrier for 2nd gen (uses OEM bed bolts)-captured-2004-6-7-00002.jpg  
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I edited my post to eliminate any confusion. This one pictured fits the wider bolts found on the normal bed, and I can also make them fit the narrower bolts found on the short beds. There is less room in those beds. This will fit any size tire/wheel.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
Bsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud of

Name: Nate
Bsly862's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, that looks good!
Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
looks good...could it be turned around and used at the tailgate for people w/ tool boxes?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM   #8
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to finally see a angled tire holder that wont rip from the bed
Old 07-26-2010, 09:33 PM   #9
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
looks good...could it be turned around and used at the tailgate for people w/ tool boxes?
I could do something similar, except it would use the 2 rear bed bolts instead of the wide front ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
Nice to finally see a angled tire holder that wont rip from the bed
Thanks Chris.

And yes cohrmundt , more than willing to ship. I haven't calculated shipping on it yet.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #10
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
So is this for sale? If so, whats the price?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
So is this for sale? If so, whats the price?
I'm thinking about $225. I'll be shipping this one today so I'll know more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDanny View Post
Looks nice!
Thanks, I like it too.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
that looks bad ass...too bad I got a tonneau cover...if I didn't I would be all over this...

bump for bad @ss craftsmanship and quality...
Old 07-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #16
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0LLPHR33 View Post
that looks bad ass...too bad I got a tonneau cover...if I didn't I would be all over this...

bump for bad @ss craftsmanship and quality...
Haha I know how you feel man. I just got rid of my tonneau cover last week.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #18
GEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEARAHOLIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KELLEN
GEARAHOLIC's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
EFFIN SWEET!!! I would love to purchase one in the future
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #20
rackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura aboutrackatak has a spectacular aura about
rackatak's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pictures of it mounted in the bed of the truck? I would love to see how it looks. Depending on that might look into ordering one from you.