just got an email from Ranch Hand with the instructions. this is for future searches.
1. Remove the two outside bumper nuts (14mm), two on each side.
2. Mount the bottom brackets over the bolts and then reinstall the nuts.
3. Under the factory bumper mounting brackets, there is a hole. Place a ½ x 4 ½ bolt and washer through the hole from the backside. Slide the 1 ½ x 1 ½ spacer between the frame and bottom mounting bracket.
4. Center the mounting brackets and make sure from bracket to bracket it measures less than 35.
5. Through the front opening of the bumper, locate the hole in the body mount brackets. Use 3/8 x 4 bolts to install the top mounting brackets.
6. Mount the grill guard to the bottom brackets with four black carriage bolts. Level the grill guard and then tighten the bolts.
7. Mount the top brackets to the grill guard with two black carriage bolts.
8. Tighten the 3/8 x 4 bolts on body mount brackets and then the top carriage bolts.
9. MAKE SURE ALL NUTS AND BOLTS ARE TIGHT!
2005-09 TOYOTA TACOMA GRILL GUARD
PART # GGT05MBL1