Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Fender Flares

Old 07-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
park713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant future
park713vmn's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Fender Flares

Hey guys,

So I was wondering if any of you have put fender flares on your taco. I have an '05 SR5 that I would like to get some for. I'm talking about OEM ones, not the bushwhacker style. If you have, did you have to get them from the dealership, and how much did you pay for them? How was the installation on them, they don't look like they would be that difficult to install.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
If your truck is not a prerunner, you can't install them they attach to holes in the fenders and bedsides, which you don't have.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #3
park713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant futurepark713vmn has a brilliant future
park713vmn's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Old 07-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
grizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to beholdgrizzlytravis is a splendid one to behold

grizzlytravis's Tacoma Gallery
in my moms hood there is a guy with a reg cab base model and he has fenderflares...dont kno how or where he got em but imo they look like shit on his truck
Old 08-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
swims with fishes
hansonian is on a distinguished road

hansonian's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 07 prerunner and mine came with the fender flares painted to match the truck. IMO this looks like a$$. does anyone know how hard it is to take them off? i was thinking about getting them painted black or would it be easier to find some black ones and just swap them out?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansonian View Post
i have a 07 prerunner and mine came with the fender flares painted to match the truck. IMO this looks like a$$. does anyone know how hard it is to take them off? i was thinking about getting them painted black or would it be easier to find some black ones and just swap them out?
I betcha you could find a member on here that would do the swap for your color flares.

Post up in the parts section.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
If your truck is not a prerunner, you can't install them they attach to holes in the fenders and bedsides, which you don't have.
Holes are easy enough to make. Is there something special about these holes?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Yeah, I think you can make them or find a different way to mount them, this guy mounted them in his base model, I don't know how he did it.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...r/1746/cat/500
Old 08-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #9
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
To get the right placement, and size. it would be damn near impossible. The holes are used for clips that fit perfectly in them, then attach to the fender. I guess if you want to drill the fenders and bedsides you could just bolt the flares on that way.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
You could do the holes if you know how to do body work, getting it aligned correctly would be difficult but not impossible.

The easiest route would probably be to just swap the entire panel that's already pre cut for them. Though if I were going that route I'd probably just do some glassworks widebody.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:34 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskie View Post
To get the right placement, and size. it would be damn near impossible. The holes are used for clips that fit perfectly in them, then attach to the fender. I guess if you want to drill the fenders and bedsides you could just bolt the flares on that way.
Yeah, that would be difficult. I was thinking just a drilled hole and couldn't see why that would be a problem. Aftermarket look-alikes might not be a bad option then.