Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

sound clip of pipe-bomb

Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
sound clip of pipe-bomb

heres a clip from behind. i will post a drive by and in cab sound clips this weekend. what u guys think

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ent=y-pipe.flv
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting...

Why did you not go with the original y-pipe? You went with the DT pipe-bomb, right (I thought I saw the muffler clamp in the middle there)? Just curious, I just ordered the original tonight.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #3
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i didnt go with urd y-pipe cuz it would be way to loud for my kind of taste.i mainly got this so i dont get my cats stolen since its a huge hobby out here in my area.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #4

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
But don't the resonators on the bomb look like cats?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget

they kinda do but there ALOT smaller than the actual cats. u can tell though that they aren't cats
Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
hail-bop Command is on a distinguished road

hail-bop Command's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
they kinda do but there ALOT smaller than the actual cats. u can tell though that they aren't cats
Lets Hope

I want one! How much did that set you back?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #7
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by hail-bop Command View Post
Lets Hope

I want one! How much did that set you back?
only sent me back 330. that was with shipping and tax for the ca residents. im gonna try to put in a in cab and drive by sound clip by tomorrow. so far the sound is good but tryin to pin point a little rattle on WOT
Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I think it sounds great!!!

Alright, something else for me to add to the list of things that I want, but can't afford!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #9

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Are the crackheads going to know that they are not cats? I went with the URD y-pipe, to help fight cat theft! (yeah, the URD is quite a bit more $ and of course that is not the only reason I went with it).
Old 06-23-2008, 08:52 AM   #10
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Does it help w/ gas milage?

I bought a used 95 4X4 V-6 Taco awhile back that came with a flowmaster exaust. It sounded really cool, but was loud & I got tired of it over time. I pulled it & lost 3mpg! OUCH!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:56 PM   #11
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Are the crackheads going to know that they are not cats? I went with the URD y-pipe, to help fight cat theft! (yeah, the URD is quite a bit more $ and of course that is not the only reason I went with it).
If they think those are Cats then their just fuckin dumb. the reason i didnt go with the URD y-pipe is because it would be WAY to loud for my taste.

i drove it like a granny on saturday and did notice a slight MPG improvement. but when i WOT i def see my gas go down
Old 06-23-2008, 01:06 PM   #12

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Uh oh! I did not want it too loud. Did I make a mistake? Seriously, I wanted better flow (and to lose the squish pipe) but not much more in volume. I still have the stock muffler on though.

Edit: looking at your sig line you have headers and magnaflow, maybe mine won't be too bad....
Old 06-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #13
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Uh oh! I did not want it too loud. Did I make a mistake? Seriously, I wanted better flow (and to lose the squish pipe) but not much more in volume. I still have the stock muffler on though.

Edit: looking at your sig line you have headers and magnaflow, maybe mine won't be too bad....
I listened to Tacoskims clip, and I would say that his set up sounds very similar to mine.

Im running; True Flow XDI, JBA Headers, URD Y-pipe, Borla SS Cat Back.

Maybe at WOT it will be a bit louder, but you should be ok.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:

considering that ur stock, if shouldn't be loud. but do remember that ur getting rid of ur rear cats so no matter what its gonna be loud in the upper rpm range
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 PM   #15
Tuned By Gadget

UPDATE

no more rattle!! everything is now smooth. i thought the rattle was coming from the screw springs that connect the y-pipe to the cat-back...turns out that the rattle was coming from the gasket. the gasket was too small. the end of the y-pipe goes out about little under half a inch of the gasket. so the end was what was making the rattle. so we put in a bigger gasket and no more rattle!! so i suggest if anyone gets the pipe bomb to get a larger gasket. sorry for the lack of the videos but i will get them up now that everything is nice and tight
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #16

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
UPDATE

no more rattle!! everything is now smooth. i thought the rattle was coming from the screw springs that connect the y-pipe to the cat-back...turns out that the rattle was coming from the gasket. the gasket was too small. the end of the y-pipe goes out about little under half a inch of the gasket. so the end was what was making the rattle. so we put in a bigger gasket and no more rattle!! so i suggest if anyone gets the pipe bomb to get a larger gasket. sorry for the lack of the videos but i will get them up now that everything is nice and tight

Was it the gasket they sent you with the "bomb" or did you get your own?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

i first used the stock gasket and was too small. went to local muffler shop and got a thicker one. no gaskets came with the pipe bomb