Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you like cruise control?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the cruise control system?
Yes, I love the feature 863 55.11%
Yes, I like the feature 344 21.97%
Eh, It's nice to have 274 17.50%
No, I don't like it. 54 3.45%
No, I hate it. 31 1.98%
Voters: 1566. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2012, 12:24 AM   #281
IcarusFallen is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Shhhhh
Name: William
IcarusFallen's Tacoma Gallery
I like cruise control on long trips, for highways, or interstates. Also works great when you hit the speed traps in small towns to keep you under the radar of the local Andy Griffith trying to make his quota. But I have a 6sp manual so I don't have to worry about down shifting when I dont' want it to. In my '95 Tacoma 5spd I would have to cancel it towards the top of a hill because it would stay in the gas over the top of the hill and push me to almost 10mph over the set speed which was annoying. I'll be moving cross country by the end of this year and I get the feeling it wil be a life saver on the long flat stretches of the midwest...
Old 01-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #282
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
i think its pretty great for highway driving.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:40 AM   #283
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely love mine. It's being used the entire time I'm on the highway, as well as many road with 45-55mph speed limits. It's much more consistent than my foot, and paired with a manual transmission there are no issues with down shifting and butt boosting.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #284
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I absolutely love mine. It's being used the entire time I'm on the highway, as well as many road with 45-55mph speed limits. It's much more consistent than my foot, and paired with a manual transmission there are no issues with down shifting and butt boosting.
You said it!!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #285
NBHNC
Rusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRusty 06 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty
Rusty 06 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
that
Old 01-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #286
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I would probably like cruise control if my truck had it.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #287
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
My '98 Tacoma didn't have cruise control. I really like having it on my '11.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #288
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I love it, but at the same time sometimes I feel like I get complacent when using it.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #289
fadippides is on a distinguished road
fadippides's Tacoma Gallery
I use it when I travel a lot and wouldnt buy a car without it. On the Taco, I noticed I have to watch out when cresting a big hill on the highway because it will gain about 5 mph.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #290
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Do bears shit in the woods?
Old 01-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #291
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
i do a lot of highway driving so i love it. must admit it does suck when your loaded up, going up hills. drops down to 3rd from 5th sometimes. revs high because the truck just doesnt have the balls.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #292
Stewbuff is on a distinguished road
Army: 1/19 SFG
Name: Andrew
Stewbuff's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmc View Post
LMAO
Old 03-27-2012, 02:18 AM   #293
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Never used it. Will try it now
Old 03-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #294
Señorita Member
bethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shedbethes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
bethes's Tacoma Gallery
I put 40K miles on my truck the first year I had it. If I didn't use my cruise control I'd have a ton of speeding tickets and a very tired right leg.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #295
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethes View Post
I put 40K miles on my truck the first year I had it. If I didn't use my cruise control I'd have a ton of speeding tickets and a very tired right leg.
A great example of Cause and Effect ... can I use it with my 5th graders ?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #296
The light was yellow, Sir.
bridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
bridaw's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms65 View Post
That's why having CC + Manual gearbox = awesome.

It only gets shifted when I want it to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
+1

Love my 6-speed + cruise control.

Once a year I drive from SoCal to Canton, OH and back. That drive would be unpleasant without cruise control. It also comes in handy on the local highways but I never use it on the mountain roads.

I love the 6-speed on hills because I never have to ride or even tap the brakes.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #297
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
never use it, not even once
Old 03-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #298
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Use mine daily. Cross a 24 mile long bridge. Set it at 68mph to where the RPM is at 2k and go!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #299
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Enough to install it my own self.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #300
jw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjw1983 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
jw1983's Tacoma Gallery
Since that I do a lot of city driving I don't get to use it that often. When I leave the city, I love it for the long highway trips.