LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do you like cruise control?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the cruise control system?
Yes, I love the feature 863 55.11%
Yes, I like the feature 344 21.97%
Eh, It's nice to have 274 17.50%
No, I don't like it. 54 3.45%
No, I hate it. 31 1.98%
Voters: 1566. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #42
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red taco View Post
You just downshift and hit resume. It automatically cancels with the clutch or the brake so then you just push the little control up and it goes again. Its really not that big of an issue. I can't even think of a time when I've been cruising and noticed needing to downshift and resume cruise control.
Really? You obviously haven't been over the butte hill or the one to jackson hole
Unless that is if you just turn it off and do it yourself.....which what I do.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #44
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
I hate it...never use it...... i get too relaxed to pay attention to the road
Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #45
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
If there was a button for the truck to drive itself completely i'd use that too
Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #46
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Useful. Especially for decent MPG on long drives.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #47
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mudafuga
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
If there was a button for the truck to drive itself completely i'd use that too
Yes. At times this would be nice.

I do not see the downshifting on hills to be a problem at all. When I encounter hills, most of the time I have to pay extra attention to other drivers who decelerate on inclines while my Tacoma maintains velocity and climbs the hills.

I too have found it to be the perfect solution to obeying the speed limit.

Cruise control is wonderful for long distance trips.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #48
84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed84Hilux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
84Hilux's Tacoma Gallery
Just the other day I was driving down the highway when I noticed a cop in the slow lane doing just under the "accepted" speed limit. Of course there was a huge line of cars following him- afraid to pass.

I put on my cruise and bumped it one notch higher than the speed the officer was doing. I worked my way past him and as soon as I went around a corner, I floored it and was gone.

I nearly crapped when I saw his lights go on in the mirror! He was pulling over another idiot who had rushed by!!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #49
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I use mine every morning on the way to work.........OK I lied, I use it every middle of the night on the way to work....wait, maybe it's considered predawn. I do my 30 mile roll into work around 4:30 so I don't have to deal with rush hour douchery, I can chill at work for a coupla hours before people start showing up....anyway, I can run it the whole way there at that time of day and since it's manual tranny it doesn't do the drop a gear crap.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #50
DBZ 2010 is on a distinguished road

DBZ 2010's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea, I use it every time I head to Kihei or Lahaina.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #51
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
7 people seem not to like it...............wtf?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #52
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
Maybe most don't use it but like having the option & 7 really really don't like it or ever wanna use it?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #53
dbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to beholddbarn is a splendid one to behold
dbarn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe they are like my wife. She will not use it in her car and is afraid of it. Have tried many times to explain it to her and finally just gave up.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:23 PM   #54
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Tell her the gas pedal only gets stuck when your foot is on it. cc doesn't have a foot.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #55
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
Maybe they are like my wife. She will not use it in her car and is afraid of it. Have tried many times to explain it to her and finally just gave up.
my friends mom said the same thing and tried to convince him to do the same when he had his permit... i tell him to turn on the cc and set it at a speed, he looks at his mom and goes, this is awesome, how are you afraid to use this?

im thinking to myself, wtf does she think that when she turns on the cc the car is going to explode?
Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #56
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms65 View Post
That's why having CC + Manual gearbox = awesome.

It only gets shifted when I want it to!
Ditto. I use it on the interstate and especially on speed trap roads. We have roads that are straight and were posted at 50 or 55 that they have now reduced to 35 or 40. I find it impossible to drive that slow w/o cruise control. It is boring as hell driving that slow. I put the CC on and look at the scenery or play with my ipod. I'm very alert at realist speeds but what they do around here puts me to sleep.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:13 PM   #57
wsbowden is on a distinguished road
wsbowden's Tacoma Gallery
Love my cruise control, use it all the time. Something I recently discovered, if you have the cruise control engaged and want to speed up only a certain amount, you can just tap the lever up or down to increase or decrease speed in 1 MPH increments. If you want to go just 3 MPH faster, just tap up 3 times quick. I never knew cruise worked like that.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM   #58
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have it in my truck.

I would only use it if I was driving 4-5+ hours.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #59
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no WTF

i dont use it...i dont care about it...ive turned it on MAYBE twice in my truck in the 5 years ive owned it

i prefer driving than letting the car drive me and getting relaxed...and taking my foot away from the pedals
Old 07-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #60
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ so do you also drive a stick?