I am contemplating the purchase of a new Tacoma. Couple of questions before I complete a purchase.
1. I plan to haul a small, pop-up slide-in camper..about a 1,000 lbs. Is the composite bed on the Tacoma approved for slide in camper use? This camper is designed for small trucks and won't fit on full-size pickups.
2. Would someone mind taking a measurement from the floor of the bed to the top of the cab on a gen II Tacoma? Short of going to a dealer and measuring it myself, I cannot find that information anywhere on the 'net.
3. Is there an aftermarket source for frame mounted truck camper tie downs for the Tacoma? These are brackets that bolt to the frame below the bed to secure the camper.
4. I would like to buy a double cab, long bed. Is there a payload difference between the various packages such as base, Pre-Runner, SR5 and TRD? Which one rides smoother or quieter? I am not interested in 4X4.
5. I think the payload of the Tacoma is around 1300 lbs. Is there an aftermarket source of overload springs and or airbags to increase the load capacity? Are these products recommended? I understand "thou shalt not" exceed manufacturers GVWR regardless of what the overload springs/bags do to increase load capacity.
Thanks in advance for noobie advice.