Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cobra Ultra CB

Old 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Cobra Ultra CB

I just got my hands on this Cobra 19 Ultra iii
I want to know if its worth putting it in my truck.
07 4x4.
I just want it to be able to communicate with others out on trails or when caravanning.

I hear that its gets a lot of interference but does it effect it when on the trails or what?

im planning on getting a PA speaker good or bad?

thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought one myself and used it last weekend for our trail run. The CB worked just fine, but its all about antenna placement to maximize range and quality of reception. I mounted mine to the bed rails and after i got it tuned i found i couldn't get much under 2 SWR. That's really not that good, ideally the closer to 1 the better. I definitely plan on getting a roof top magnet to help my reception quality.

Either way, try it out and let us know what you think, for under $50 bucks your not really out anything....
Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
Lovin Tacos
tacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to beholdtacomacrazy is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryant
tacomacrazy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Gyler, yea im thinking of going to a run next week...

anyone else??
Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
black_magic2010 is on a distinguished road

Army: 644th Transcompany/1st I.D.
black_magic2010's Tacoma Gallery
Damn they still make cb radios? WOW!! I would just buy a good set of 2-way radios.