Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Radio bezel faceplate

Old 07-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Radio bezel faceplate

I've got a stock unit which has a silver faceplate in my '10 SR5. I just traded in an '06 that was black ... which I like much better.

I have sprayed the ac/heat/vent bezel black. I know that the radio is held in with four (4) 10mm bolts but didn't have time to take it out.

My question .... is the faceplate and radio/cd one unit or is the faceplate a separate piece that I can spray paint as well?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
it can all be disassembled, this is what mine looks like. it's an angry face with a giant mouth...eyes are just above the cd slot and mouth around the lcd

Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
I've got a stock unit which has a silver faceplate in my '10 SR5. I just traded in an '06 that was black ... which I like much better.

I have sprayed the ac/heat/vent bezel black. I know that the radio is held in with four (4) 10mm bolts but didn't have time to take it out.

My question .... is the faceplate and radio/cd one unit or is the faceplate a separate piece that I can spray paint as well?
Yes and No! It can be removed but it take a while. It's held in with clips and screws. I took mine apart and changed the LED colors.

I like the black look better also!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
06lttaco has a spectacular aura about06lttaco has a spectacular aura about

06lttaco's Tacoma Gallery
how exactly are you painting the backing plate for the a/c controls?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you take off the little squares where the 4x4 switch is and the same square on the other side, they just pull off. then stick your finger up in there and push the pins that hold the AC unit in place. once out, you can take off the plate
Old 07-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06lttaco View Post
I think he swapped out the parts with a base model. They have a black center dash parts.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
it can all be disassembled, this is what mine looks like. it's an angry face with a giant mouth...eyes are just above the cd slot and mouth around the lcd

This looks intresting .... got to love Americans and their vehicles .... although I am just going black ..... thanks
Old 07-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilg View Post
I think he swapped out the parts with a base model. They have a black center dash parts.
spray paint i hated the silver so i painted it all black, i also painted the edges on my gauges black too after seeing chris4x4's interior
Old 07-29-2010, 06:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06lttaco View Post
That I removed .... pulled straight out using the knobs ..... four push clips hold it in.

Unplugged two connections, removed 4 screws and slowly pried it apart.

Fairly simple and straight forward.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #10
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
jp that look really nice, how long did it take you to prep and paint that?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03coma View Post
jp that look really nice, how long did it take you to prep and paint that?
I think that you are talking about CopDoctor's faceplate.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
your right dude.. sorry it's CopDoctors faceplate
Old 07-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #14

i gave it to my girlfriends brother, he's the one that painted the main faceplate, only took him about 15min start to finish, then only 5 seconds for me to scratch it lol
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
06lttaco has a spectacular aura about06lttaco has a spectacular aura about

06lttaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
That I removed .... pulled straight out using the knobs ..... four push clips hold it in.

Unplugged two connections, removed 4 screws and slowly pried it apart.

Fairly simple and straight forward.
cool. looks like something else for me to tear apart!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i hate my face plate...rattles, makes tons of squeekie noises and always coming loose...bah
Old 08-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #17

Quote:
it can all be disassembled ...
Well ... wife is out-of-town .... I was in the gargage .... looking at the faceplate ...... I have a million screws on my work bench .... in the process of painting ...... I hope I can put it back together ....

2 hours later .... painted black ..... back in .... up and running .... thanks for the info CopDoctor.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #18
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
very nice dude, i really like that!

OP, as others have stated, faceplate can be taken apart...done it several times when i have replaced the LEDs in stereos.