Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My biggest/heaviest load so far

Old 05-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #41
Master of None
Fifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shedFifthwind is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
Fifthwind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by high voltage taco View Post
Can't agree more. We are building a house and yesterday my wife and I went about 45 miles north to get some brick and chimney block to build the chimney with. I took my brother in laws 16 foot trailer to haul it on. After they loaded the 2 pallets of brick I asked the guy about what they weigh and he said 3500 pounds a peice. Then they loaded the 33 flu block and 11 flu liners and 1000 pounds of mortor. I skipped on the sand for now lol. That put about 11,000 pounds on the trailer itself! I was starting to wonder if the trailer was going to handle it. I put 45 pounds of air in the trailer tires before I left and off we go. Thank goodness for the 6 speed or I would have burnt my brakes off. Had to play with the clutch to get took off but after that the truck pulled it pretty good. Figure in about 1k pounds for empty trailer weight and the ol 05 double cab had about 12k pounds behind her. Not bad I say. I love my truck
A 16ft trailer that can carry 11,000 lbs. probably weighs a lot more that 1000 lbs., so I'm guessing your load was over the 13K mark quite easily.

Thankfully you live several states away, as the idea of such an overloaded vehicle on public roads reminds me of a tornado warning; in both cases you never know where it will strike.

The reason for a load rating is to keep you from either killing yourself, or innocent bystanders, as the brakes, suspension components, and frame of the vehicle can only take a limited amount of force.

If you are lucky and can handle that amount of mass over a long period of time, then the forces will be within the limits.

If you need to turn or stop quickly, that 13K lb. load will twist your frame, boil your brake pads and fluids, and snap suspension components right off.

Take a look at the carnage from just crawling empty rigs.

I'd hate to see anyone get a 13,000 lb. enema.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #42
high voltage taco has a spectacular aura abouthigh voltage taco has a spectacular aura about
high voltage taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthwind View Post
A 16ft trailer that can carry 11,000 lbs. probably weighs a lot more that 1000 lbs., so I'm guessing your load was over the 13K mark quite easily.

Thankfully you live several states away, as the idea of such an overloaded vehicle on public roads reminds me of a tornado warning; in both cases you never know where it will strike.

The reason for a load rating is to keep you from either killing yourself, or innocent bystanders, as the brakes, suspension components, and frame of the vehicle can only take a limited amount of force.

If you are lucky and can handle that amount of mass over a long period of time, then the forces will be within the limits.

If you need to turn or stop quickly, that 13K lb. load will twist your frame, boil your brake pads and fluids, and snap suspension components right off.

Take a look at the carnage from just crawling empty rigs.

I'd hate to see anyone get a 13,000 lb. enema.
Yeah I don't think the trailer was meant to carry that at all. I'm guessing it has 2 3500# axles under it so only a 7k# capable trailer. I had no idea the brick was going to weigh that much or I would have started earlier and made 2 trips. I took it extremely easy on the way home and left myself plenty of stopping distance. And trust me I know about load ratings as I have class A CDLs and drive a truck nearly every day. I felt the trailer and my tacoma would make it home ok or else I wouldn't have tried.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #43
4bangeronabudget is on a distinguished road
Army:
4bangeronabudget's Tacoma Gallery
My 2.7 can pull 2 tons. I could probably put more in but i wouldn't be able to move it lol.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #44
tundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nice

tundrataco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #45
tundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nicetundrataco is just really nice

tundrataco's Tacoma Gallery
1900lbs of electric forklift battery in box, dump trailer capable of carrying 10 000lbs of weight with a 3800lb forklift, and a 200 lb charger, thats a heavy load LOL

Old 08-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #46
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
You'll survive. When I got out of the Marines I had mine loaded to the gills for the drive home. I think the total weight was over 4000 pounds, trailer included.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #47
hetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud ofhetkind has much to be proud of
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
I have been hauling loads of green oak and maple over the mountain lately, perhaps 1500-2000lb in the bed, and the truck has done extremely well...but for around the place, the 68 Dodge gets the brunt of the hauling done since the body is so beat up...

You just burn a lot more fuel with a trailer at interstate speeds.

Howard
Old 08-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #48
13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of13TRDsport has much to be proud of
Air Force: Security Forces 02-06
13TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
I have to post up a pic. Recently I towed my buddies dual axel car trailer with a jeep cherokee on it. Lets just say I wouldn't put another pound on that thing hahaha. I was very impressed with my taco though. Lovin this truck!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #50
Wheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWheelspinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Wheelspinner's Tacoma Gallery

2.7 for the win!!!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:35 PM   #52
Knows a little about a lot
LuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
LuckyCharms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSPEC View Post
not a tacoma but did this today.

wtf? I'm confused.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #54
Knows a little about a lot
LuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckyCharms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
LuckyCharms's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an idiot. I didn't even realize it was gta from looking at it on my phone.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #55
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
There is no doubt in my mind that I could pull 12,000# with my Tacoma. Shoot I can do 20,000 or more with my tractor but to do so would be border line criminal if you are on the road with an over loaded truck.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #56
transplant is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: theo
transplant's Tacoma Gallery
i pulled a PACKED 6x12 behind my 11 sport from virginia beach to atlanta. i think i averaged 11mpg the whole trip. that was also the trip i learned cruise control turns a hill into a race track.

i think the trailer and all my now exe's shit was just under 6000. @70-75mph id say she did pretty good.

im kind of curious what kind of difference the manual will make on hauling.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #57
oldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
oldracer's Tacoma Gallery
The weight of the safe, in the bed, actually helped you, towing the car on the trailer.

The rear of your truck was planted to the pavement better; than having an empty bed.

It certainly helped the stability of your truck.

oldracer
Old 03-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #58
1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold1of7627 is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Mark
1of7627's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a task I used to do with my 1st gen, now taken over by the new one. I'm sure others here do it too. It's a ton of pellets, hand loaded, two or three times a winter. I hand load them so I don't chew up the bed with the pallet or have to worry about the forklift driver. It's only a mile from the store and I crawl home slowly. Neither truck has ever really complained about it though I know they'd rather not have to deal with it.
Attached Thumbnails
My biggest/heaviest load so far-pellets1.jpg  
Old 03-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #59
1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
1911's Tacoma Gallery
Heaviest load so far was after we went out for Mexican and the next day....

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #60
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery