Notices

My biggest/heaviest load so far

Old 03-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #61
Phildo is on a distinguished road
Name: Phil
Phildo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by high voltage taco View Post
Yeah I don't think the trailer was meant to carry that at all. I'm guessing it has 2 3500# axles under it so only a 7k# capable trailer. I had no idea the brick was going to weigh that much or I would have started earlier and made 2 trips. I took it extremely easy on the way home and left myself plenty of stopping distance. And trust me I know about load ratings as I have class A CDLs and drive a truck nearly every day. I felt the trailer and my tacoma would make it home ok or else I wouldn't have tried.

This mentality gets innocent people and stupid people killed every day.

But it's okay because you have a CDL and know all about weight ratings.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #62
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy tows his 24ft camper with his '92 STOCK 4cyl taco. The rear end sags and the nose it up, but other than that there's no problems
Old 03-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #63
Plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I try not to do just one big load, but many small loads.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #64
txmxer is on a distinguished road
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah tacomas are pretty surprising what they can tow, we also used to tow our 21 foot wakeboarding boat with the tacoma and it handled very well, that being said I respectfully call bs on the people saying tacomas tow better than a halfton z71. My reasoning is I drive both and while the tacoma pulls a load well, my gmc half ton with the 6.0 tows a lot better and where they becomes obvious is in braking and handling. Not saying the tacoma cant do it, just saying a half ton does it better which is a common sense statement I guess. Tacomas are very impressive though with how much they can tow.