Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My biggest/heaviest load so far

Old 07-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My biggest/heaviest load so far

So I just graduated college and am moving to Dallas. I needed to get my gun safe and my other car (celica) up to dallas. I didn't wanna have to make two trips, so I had the safe guys load the 450lbs safe in the bed and I pulled my 3800lbs celica on a uhaul auto transport. The back end sagged a bit and front was lifting but the truck really surprised me. I was extremely impressed and proud of its capability, so was my buddy that rode with me. He drives a GMC and said that he would have been weary of towing all that load with his truck, he couldnt believe I did it with the Tacoma. Then the trip back I brought the redone M416 trailer frame. <<<<The project has begun now we just need to start on the tub.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pulling that car must have been a chug.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #3
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Cool! Good to know what these trucks are capable of.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks are more capable than we give them credit for. I love my Taco!!!! We [my brother and I] pull are 22ft boats with are tacos all the time no problem.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post
These trucks are more capable than we give them credit for. I love my Taco!!!! We [my brother and I] pull are 22ft boats with are tacos all the time no problem.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #7
Eman5pt0 has a spectacular aura aboutEman5pt0 has a spectacular aura about
Name: E
Eman5pt0's Tacoma Gallery
u guys and you 6 cyl's ... my lowly 4 couldn't handle towing a car. wish it could!!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
I throw 2 bikes and pull the families 21ft boat and it does great. Power is wonderful, I just wish the trailer brakes worked a little bette.r
Old 07-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Give it MOAR!!!! I towed my jeep on a 2k trailer with two peoples housing stuff. So I pulled it to the dumps scale and hit 6200 lbs. no problem at 70mph. Towed WAY better than my 03 Z71. Just go ahead and learn that most people buy trucks way outta their weight range.

However, I wouldn't mind a diesel....

ninja edit: My trailer has breaks on each axle and I have a good break controller. O well, whats 200 bucks spent to make sure i don't flip like the Titan I saw hauling a load of plywood the other day.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
I'd show you my biggest load but the bitch is still carrying it.

I keed I keed.
Mine just washed it off her face.... Hey mods, I love you!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #13
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
i put a ****** load in my gf's mouth...what r u talkin bout " BIG LOAD "?
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM   #14

Quote:
My women says this is correct if you don't consider load turbulence.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
my POS monkeycrawler haha...
Old 07-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
My women says this is correct if you don't consider load turbulence.
I'll turbulate a load on her!

Or I'll get you to deposite round two since that'd be creepy otherwise.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #17

Quote:
I'll turbulate a load on her!

Or I'll get you to deposite round two since that'd be creepy otherwise.
thank god for birth control! and fuck it. sleepy timez....

Being married w/ job w/ house, thats a diff story.
Until next time...........
Old 08-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #18
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really no problem? I bet you guys wouldn't mind a diesel. How much do you slow down over hills and I doubt your trans will last to 100k.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #19
lrak will become famous soon enoughlrak will become famous soon enough
lrak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Really no problem? I bet you guys wouldn't mind a diesel. How much do you slow down over hills and I doubt your trans will last to 100k.
What's the issue? They are doing it and are satisfied with the performance. I'm betting those loaded boat trailers are at least 1000lbs below the rated tow capacity and only the tower appears to stick up above the roofline of the truck.

What do you tow with yours?

A diesel is at least $8k more than a Taco. If they step on the gas I bet they can maintain the speed limit pulling those boats. If they buy a Cummins that is tied to a Dodge automatic transmission it probably has no better chance of lasting to 100k miles. If you're right and the Tacoma's transmission doesn't last to 100k a low mileage junkyard trans is ~$1k and two weekends of getting to know your truck intimately. In the mean time they don't need to drive around in a fullsize 3/4 ton when not towing the boat.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #20
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

x2.... my truck handles my boat surprisingly well. W/ the boat and trailer its right at 6k. Add on gear and I'm sure I'm right at capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrak View Post
What's the issue? They are doing it and are satisfied with the performance. I'm betting those loaded boat trailers are at least 1000lbs below the rated tow capacity and only the tower appears to stick up above the roofline of the truck.

What do you tow with yours?

A diesel is at least $8k more than a Taco. If they step on the gas I bet they can maintain the speed limit pulling those boats. If they buy a Cummins that is tied to a Dodge automatic transmission it probably has no better chance of lasting to 100k miles. If you're right and the Tacoma's transmission doesn't last to 100k a low mileage junkyard trans is ~$1k and two weekends of getting to know your truck intimately. In the mean time they don't need to drive around in a fullsize 3/4 ton when not towing the boat.
x2
My Dad had a Dodge Ram 2500 w/ the Cummins Turbo Diesel. We had 3 transmisions in it before it turned 75k. As long as you aren't beating on your truck and do the maintaince regularly I have no doubt mine will last well over 200k even with the towing.