LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gas Pedal Recall Work Done

Old 07-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #21
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Any one have a pic of the pedal w/o the mod?
Old 07-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #22
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburrito View Post
Hahaha , I want one .
Old 07-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #23
Frogdaddy is on a distinguished road

Frogdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine done this week too. I took it to dealer to fix a flat. They asked me to do it. I said sure. I failed to realize the dealer gets reimbursed for warranty work. Duh. Because last time I had it there they didn't mention it.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #24
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarine veteran and Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan James
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Floormat recal 90L.

I had it done, waste of time.

Apparently they do "trim" the pedal and install a sweet new plastic bushing somewhere, then flash the ECU.

Truck ran like crap for a day or two while it relearned my incredibly slow driving style.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Floormat recal 90L.

I had it done, waste of time.

Apparently they do "trim" the pedal and install a sweet new plastic bushing somewhere, then flash the ECU.

Truck ran like crap for a day or two while it relearned my incredibly slow driving style.
I haven't noticed any change in the way mine drives......
Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 AM   #27
Johnny M50 will become famous soon enough

Name: John
Johnny M50's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine "reshaped" took more time processing me in the door than the actual service. I do think they were actually wanting me to schedule in more service work, too bad for them I have an excellent mechanic, gives me prices reductions, and a Luxo-cruizer if need be while things are being done.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #28
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburrito View Post
I had one of those bad boys on my 1962 ford econoline van!!!
Ahhh memories.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #30
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
i just had it done to my truck (pretty much a week after i bought it) and really felt no difference.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #31
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
I went in for a TSB inspection today and they want to do the gas pedal as well. Nice thing is, he's going to get me a rental tonight if they have to order parts for the TSB.

Side note, he was a little weary about the TSB but last night after throwing a 400LB pump in the back of the truck and jumping on the bumper, it's obvious that it has hit the bump stops
Old 08-04-2010, 03:28 PM   #32
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
I just took my truck in today for an oil change and scheduled maintenance and it came out with a modified pedal! I wasn't even consulted! It definitely feels shorter to me and I did wonder if my foot might slip off the darn thing. They did put a new mat in, too.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #33
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
i wonder if they would give the new mats and let me forego the pedal whacking
New mats suck anyways they are way thin.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #34
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
My new mat is huge. Came out with a micro pedal and a huge mat. Didn't ask for either.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #35
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Folks...

I hate politics, but...

This is what happens when the Lawyers and the American media gets a hold of a story involving "those evil corporations".

Toyota was the darling of the media and the politicians when the Prius was introduced. It was going to save the earth and we wouldn't have to fight wars in the middle eastern sands for that Arab oil.

Then...

The US government took major control of GM and Chrysler...and Toyota (who btw was kicking GM's azz) became the boogie man.

Hmmmmm...
Old 08-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #36
bruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant futurebruinsrme has a brilliant future
Navy: ET1
Name: Scott
bruinsrme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Folks...

I hate politics, but...

This is what happens when the Lawyers and the American media gets a hold of a story involving "those evil corporations".

Toyota was the darling of the media and the politicians when the Prius was introduced. It was going to save the earth and we wouldn't have to fight wars in the middle eastern sands for that Arab oil.

Then...

The US government took major control of GM and Chrysler...and Toyota (who btw was kicking GM's azz) became the boogie man.

Hmmmmm...
what about the UAW?
Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #37
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
what about the UAW?
Lets not go there.

I'm new here and do not want any negative reps for bad political discussions.

Lets just say I have mixed opinions on the whole political deal going on.

I'd rather talk about trucks over a cold beer.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #38
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
This problem was always made up. I'm not getting a fix to my vehicle for a made up problem. That's fucking absurd.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #39
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
This problem was always made up. I'm not getting a fix to my vehicle for a made up problem. That's fucking absurd.
I agree.

Some of us didn't have a choice.

Also, you can not blame Toyota's paranoia in the highly litigious society we live in.

Hell, not only was my gas pedal cut down before I bought it...the factory carpet mat on the drivers side was "stapled" to the floor carpet with those plastic T thingies that are used to hang price tags on clothing.

When I saw this...I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #40
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I agree.

Some of us didn't have a choice.

Also, you can not blame Toyota's paranoia in the highly litigious society we live in.

Hell, not only was my gas pedal cut down before I bought it...the factory carpet mat on the drivers side was "stapled" to the floor carpet with those plastic T thingies that are used to hang price tags on clothing.

When I saw this...I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.
No, they aren't as strong as those price tag T thingies. They break really easily.

Are yall sure they aren't cutting out floor board?? It feels like the floorboard behind the gas pedal is normal, but I swear it feels like my floor fell away on the break side! I'm calling them . . .

Products Discussed in this Thread