Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gas Pedal Recall Work Done

Old 08-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #41
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I agree.

Some of us didn't have a choice.

Also, you can not blame Toyota's paranoia in the highly litigious society we live in.

Hell, not only was my gas pedal cut down before I bought it...the factory carpet mat on the drivers side was "stapled" to the floor carpet with those plastic T thingies that are used to hang price tags on clothing.

When I saw this...I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

Yeah, Toyota had a no-win situation - telling the truth (there is no problem and the media are a bunch of fear mongering dipshits) was not an option because people in America are (by and large, exceptions to every generalization, etc.) stupid, incapable of critical thought, and easily spooked. It's a lot easier to let CNN and Fox tell you what to think than research it yourself. Letting the media think for you allows more time for buying shit you don't need for your teenage children, updating your Facebook status, and eating at shitty chain restaurants like Olive Garden.

But I digress.

That wasn't an option because people would believe the news networks and pillory Toyota as covering up the problem.

The other option was to treat a problem that wasn't there, so they unleashed the automotive equivalent of a placebo pill: Listen, just have the techs get in there and do some nothing...fuck, file the bottom of the pedal a little bit. Idiots will think it matters and, since there's no problem anyway, they won't have a problem.

I knew better than to buy floormats from the dealer, but if they had physically bonded them to the floorboard I'd have wet my pants too.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #42
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Yeah, Toyota had a no-win situation - telling the truth (there is no problem and the media are a bunch of fear mongering dipshits) was not an option because people in America are (by and large, exceptions to every generalization, etc.) stupid, incapable of critical thought, and easily spooked. It's a lot easier to let CNN and Fox tell you what to think than research it yourself. Letting the media think for you allows more time for buying shit you don't need for your teenage children, updating your Facebook status, and eating at shitty chain restaurants like Olive Garden.

But I digress.

That wasn't an option because people would believe the news networks and pillory Toyota as covering up the problem.

The other option was to treat a problem that wasn't there, so they unleashed the automotive equivalent of a placebo pill: Listen, just have the techs get in there and do some nothing...fuck, file the bottom of the pedal a little bit. Idiots will think it matters and, since there's no problem anyway, they won't have a problem.

I knew better than to buy floormats from the dealer, but if they had physically bonded them to the floorboard I'd have wet my pants too.
I'm in 100% agreement with your post mang

And the carpet mats came with the truck...they were listed on the window sticker.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #43
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I'm in 100% agreement with yoru post mang

And the carpet mats came with the truck...they were listed on the window sticker.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:19 AM   #44
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
I just talked to the dealership. They said that the gas pedal was shortened and heightened, but that the floor board was not altered in the Tacomas, but is being altered in other cars. I really do feel a difference in my floor board! It feels like there is a crevice on the left side under the brake pedal. I find it hard to believe that a change in the position and length of the gas pedal would create that much of an illusion, especially on the opposite side. I guess I can't know for sure without tearing out the carpet. No plans to do that unless it continues to bug me. lol

Oh well.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #45
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
I just talked to the dealership. They said that the gas pedal was shortened and heightened, but that the floor board was not altered in the Tacomas, but is being altered in other cars. I really do feel a difference in my floor board! It feels like there is a crevice on the left side under the brake pedal. I find it hard to believe that a change in the position and length of the gas pedal would create that much of an illusion, especially on the opposite side. I guess I can't know for sure without tearing out the carpet. No plans to do that unless it continues to bug me. lol

Oh well.
They may not be doing it on Tacomas by their instructions but are you sure the service guy is following Tacoma specific instructions?

I just ask because when I had my Accessories Skid Plate installed (part of the deal of purchasing the vehicle,) the service "technician" wrongly removed the factory front skid even though it clearly stated in the instructions to leave it on. I had to point it out to the manager before they went back and re-installed it.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #46
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sure, no. I wasn't even asked before they did this, either. It feels like the padding has been removed from the floor under the brake pedal. I would have to take it back in and have them check, which is another day without my truck, and then I wonder if they would tell me the truth.

Is there an easier way to tell if it has been removed without ripping up the carpet? Is the floor pretty much straight/level with the padding? Mine is not. There is clearly a valley in mine and I don't think it was like that before I took it in yesterday.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #47
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want them touching my gas pedal. There is nothing wrong with it.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #48
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was done w/ the TSB. TSB looks great; it rides like a truck now. Gas pedal is fine. Looks smaller and it only looks cut if you get down real close and eyeball it and since I don't have my head near the gas pedal too often, it'll work just fine for me.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #49
Tidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTidrow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tidrow's Tacoma Gallery
Got it done this weekend when I had my truck detailed. No issues
Old 08-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #50
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
no way will I have this recall done. I do not want a short gas pedal that looks like ass.

and I don't want them to reflash my ECU because I want to be able to hold the brake and gas at the same time to do burnouts
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #51
Semper Fi
ExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud ofExFordFan has much to be proud of
Marines: Veteran - MP Co. 1st FSSG
Name: Mark
ExFordFan's Tacoma Gallery
I was at the dealership this week for n A/C estimate and they asked if this recall was done. I told them no there is nothing wrong with it and I have plenty of clearance between my stacked floor mats (factory mats and rubber mats) and besides that I'm not letting any one hack up parts of my truck for some thing that is not an issue. The Assistant service manager just kinda grinned and said well we have to ask. Now after getting the estimate to have a 0.66 cent a/c washer replace on the high side of the condensor replaced I know why there called the stealership on this forum. The estimate came in at $380.00.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 AM   #52
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Moleman View Post
no way will I have this recall done. I do not want a short gas pedal that looks like ass.

and I don't want them to reflash my ECU because I want to be able to hold the brake and gas at the same time to do burnouts
x2 I am gonna stay clear of dealership as long as i can. Then when I go Iwill remove floor mats and claim I dont have any
But no change, if ain't broken dont fix it.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #53
Nature just gets the blow-by
Twirlin will become famous soon enough

Twirlin's Tacoma Gallery
easy solution: get WeatherTech Digital Fit mats and rest easy. I have them and there is NO WAY IN HELL that the pedal will catch them.

This way, you stay out of the dealership, get a great pair of floormats, and have peace of mind.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #54
Go Pack Go!
hawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhawkeye12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryce
hawkeye12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
I gotta take my truck in for a bad cat on the driver side, 67,000mi. They better not touch anything besides that or shit's going down. Its like me shorting the tech's seatbelt while I rotate his tires. Because I feel 300lb's is just too fat for the vehicle.

That was great! I'm taking mine in soon to get the leaf springs done. If they do anymore, expect to see a homicide case investigation on CNN.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #55
Nature just gets the blow-by
Twirlin will become famous soon enough

Twirlin's Tacoma Gallery
I can promise you that they will do the brake override which is why I chose not to do the pedal reshaping. Like I said, it's not an issue for me. It ain't broke, they got nothing to fix.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #56
Cars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shedCars0n` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carson
Cars0n`'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Cars0n`
just had it done to mine. figured itll look better if i go to sell it so why not.

they also charged me 300 bucks to plug in a connector to turn off the airbag light. i guess when my truck had body work done they didnt reassemble the door panel right and forgot to plug in that connector.

that.. and my truck idles really low and shakes when im stopped at idle. anyone else have this problem? it is just with the 2.7's?

im guessing its just learning the driving styles again.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #57
tussery has a spectacular aura abouttussery has a spectacular aura about
tussery's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tussery
The only way I will have the work done is if I ever sell my Tacoma. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #58
Tyler_G13 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
Tyler_G13's Tacoma Gallery
I had my done yesterday, it was cut to short in my opinion and i raised hell, told them it looked shitty and that i was puttin up with it, so they ordered me a brand new one for free. P.O.S. Recall!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #59
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
I trimmed the back of my right flip flop. No issues, although there were no issues before. It was a bunch of BS and Toyota had a bunch of floormats in a warehouse somewhere. Great job by them to counter the stupid media and the people that believe everything they say. I know someone who actually sold their Camry because they "didn't feel safe". Turn off the TV, you will feel a lot safer.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #60
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm0008 View Post
I trimmed the back of my right flip flop. No issues, although there were no issues before. It was a bunch of BS and Toyota had a bunch of floormats in a warehouse somewhere. Great job by them to counter the stupid media and the people that believe everything they say. I know someone who actually sold their Camry because they "didn't feel safe". Turn off the TV, you will feel a lot safer.
I bet I could guess who that someone voted for in the last presidential election. LOL