Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gas Pedal Recall Work Done

Old 08-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #101
TacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to allTacoSupreme is a name known to all

TacoSupreme's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to flash the ECU without the pedal shave?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 AM   #102
Lonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud ofLonewolf has much to be proud of

Lonewolf's Tacoma Gallery
I chucked the stock mat about a week after buying my truck when my Husky mats showed up.
Of course within that week the cheap plastic hooks that were poorly designed to hold the mats, were broken.

I looked at my pedal and I have at least an inch and a half of clearance.
I will not be letting some rookie at the dealership freehand grind my pedal.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #104
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Reshaped pedals look like crap IMO, if they offered a new pedal replacement I might think about it, BTW I haven't received any recall letters, seems like Mexican Tacomas don't have this sudden acceleration issue..
Old 08-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #105
Shades_Of_Red will become famous soon enough

Shades_Of_Red's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreme View Post
Is it possible to flash the ECU without the pedal shave?
Shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:45 PM   #106
Shades_Of_Red will become famous soon enough

Shades_Of_Red's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
when you find out let me know thanks
Well I just recieved a response back from Toyota on the Sport Pedal Covers issue. If I provide them with a copy of the work order after having the recall work completed, a copy of the bill of sale for the pedal covers, and a copy of my owners or insurance card, it looks like I will get reinbursed for the cost of the pedal covers.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #107
tripledave is on a distinguished road
tripledave's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Hack Job

Had time to take my 09 D-Cab in to Don Davis Toyota in Arlington, TX today to address the ECM TSB (crappy downshifting) and the rear leaf spring TSB. The jerk-offs just helped themselves to about 3/4'' of my accellerator pedal without even mentioning it. I plan to address this issue when I return truck to have springs done. I sure hope they have a truck on their lot with an un-circumcised pedal or those morons will be changing my oil on their own dime for the forseeable future. It is an insult for service advisors to assume that all owners want their vehicles modified because some fool couldn't put his Camry in NEUTRAL. Damn if that Darwin guy wasn't on to something!

Cheers
Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #108
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
I know I am a Ford technician but a car is car, when this recall came out I went and looked at my floor mats and pedal to see if it was really a problem or just BS. I have weathertech floor mats out of a F350 so they are obviously a little bigger than what a taco needs but even pushing my pedal all the way to the floor there is no way it can get stuck under the mat, so I just throw those recall notices away.

Most people are dumb and try to hit the brake and hit the gas instead.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #109
skipper is on a distinguished road
skipper's Tacoma Gallery
looks like crap

Had mine done looks like crap and they changed the brake pedal to a a smaller non matching pedal. On my way out I told the service manager I was inline at tim hortons coffee with my foot on the brake when to engine revved up. I reapplied the brake and it went back to idle. He said I was the third person to mention it. I got a class action suit post card that says i'm entitled to (upto)35.00 if i submit the paperwork. Still love the truck, wish they would offer a discount on a new one.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:39 AM   #110
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper View Post
Had mine done looks like crap and they changed the brake pedal to a a smaller non matching pedal. On my way out I told the service manager I was inline at tim hortons coffee with my foot on the brake when to engine revved up. I reapplied the brake and it went back to idle. He said I was the third person to mention it. I got a class action suit post card that says i'm entitled to (upto)35.00 if i submit the paperwork. Still love the truck, wish they would offer a discount on a new one.
The AC compressor kicked on
Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #111
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades_Of_Red View Post
Well I just recieved a response back from Toyota on the Sport Pedal Covers issue. If I provide them with a copy of the work order after having the recall work completed, a copy of the bill of sale for the pedal covers, and a copy of my owners or insurance card, it looks like I will get reinbursed for the cost of the pedal covers.
Had the OBX pedal covers on my 05 with uncut gas pedal. Never let them cut it. When I traded it in on an 08 reg cab, the pedal had already been cut so I put a short sheetmetal screw thru the center of the cover and thru the center of the cut gas pedal. Can't really even tell it's there and have had no issues with it moving. Just an option I thought I'd throw out there for ya. I also scored an uncut pedal assembly from another member in case I wanted to swap back to oem pedals/covers or just for a spare.

I just put it up top where it went a put screw thru pedal and cover. Can't hardly tell it's even there.........

Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #112
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have the PDF of the gas pedal recall so I can bring it into dealership?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #113
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
Anyone have the PDF of the gas pedal recall so I can bring it into dealership?
Can't help you with your request, but you aren't going to like the way they change your pedal. I still throw away the recall notices. They effed up the pedal on our old Corolla, so no way they are getting my Tacoma.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #114
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Can't help you with your request, but you aren't going to like the way they change your pedal. I still throw away the recall notices. They effed up the pedal on our old Corolla, so no way they are getting my Tacoma.
Didn't even notice it had been done on my Tacoma
Old 06-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #115
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Didn't even notice it had been done on my Tacoma
Perhaps the tech that did your recall had some pride in his work. Not so in my area. I haven't had an issue in 8 years, I think I'll be good for another 8
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #116
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Or by the time Oz had his done, the dealership had parts to do the recall properly and actually replaced the pedal with the new one.

Mine was done in early 2008 before I bought it, and I see no evidence that the pedal has been cut.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #117

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Perhaps the tech that did your recall had some pride in his work. Not so in my area. I haven't had an issue in 8 years, I think I'll be good for another 8
The software update can make it worthwhile for some , it incorperates the transmission reflash that was a stand alone TSB for the '09's
Old 06-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #118

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Or by the time Oz had his done, the dealership had parts to do the recall properly and actually replaced the pedal with the new one.

Mine was done in early 2008 before I bought it, and I see no evidence that the pedal has been cut.
Mine was cut and filed , I checked it out afterwards
Old 06-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #119
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Mine isn't noticable........ I always passed on the recall before but they said it was mandatory and part of the reflash.

Can't even tell when driving.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #120
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
They wanted to do it on my 2009 when I took it in for tranny flash and springs. I fought them and ended up winning. It was a real battle. I flat out told them if the cut my pedal they would never see me again. Pedal is small enough without wacking 1-1/2" off. I also fought them from the standpoint that the pedal is not the problem. They had to agree with that one. They gave this BS about Tx requiring safety recalls be done for inspections. I said my problem. I measured the pedal before and after. Funny thing was they put it on invoice even though they did not do it. Also said I could drive around block come back and get a brand new shorter pedal. I said either way I am gone. Another dealer got pissed when I called it shade tree fix with a hacksaw. I hate the little pedal on my new one.