Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Gas Pedal Recall Work Done

Old 07-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Gas Pedal Recall Work Done

I just had the 60,000 mile service work done on my 08 DC and they called me about doing the recall work for the gas pedal problem while it was in the shop.

Ok, no cost to me, so why not.....

Well, when I picked it up that after noon, I asked what the recall work actually was. The service guy said they "reshaped the bottom of the accelerator pedal to allow for more room between the pedal and the floor mat".

I never actually looked at my accelerator pedal before, but it looks like they actually cut off a small portion of the bottom of the pedal, shortening it up.

It doesn't feel any different under my foot, so I guess it's all good.

Anyone else have this done yet?
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
el_smurfo is on a distinguished road
el_smurfo's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah...they use a precision Toyota pedal reshaping tool. I'll pass.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
Those are not my pants
dw77x is on a distinguished road

dw77x's Tacoma Gallery
They have called me twice in the past week to come in for this "important update". I think I will pass too, unless they pay me $75 to sit there for 1.5 hours.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
i wonder if they would give the new mats and let me forego the pedal whacking
Old 07-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
wolfeye is on a distinguished road

wolfeye's Tacoma Gallery
I asked, they said no..
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
i wonder if they would give the new mats and let me forego the pedal whacking
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
If the pedal is cut too short, perhaps someone's foot will slide under it and cause unintended acceleration anyway...bet they never thought of THAT, now did they??

On a related note, did you even notice that Unintended Sudden Acceleration is abbreviated USA?? Coincidence? I think not!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #9
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsannebeck View Post
did you get the computer flashed for the brake over ride to? can you post a photo of the pedal ?
Yes, they did the computer flash as well.

Working on a photo to post.......
Old 07-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
If the pedal is cut too short, perhaps someone's foot will slide under it and cause unintended acceleration anyway...bet they never thought of THAT, now did they??

On a related note, did you even notice that Unintended Sudden Acceleration is abbreviated USA?? Coincidence? I think not!
We have a template we use when trimming the pedals, it must be within thousands of an inch within spec or else we have to get a new pedal and cut it again. If you don't like the appearance of your "modified" pedal you can request a new pedal that is modified straight from the factory. The new pedals haven't been released yet and it may take several weeks before they do but it's something to keep in mind
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
wolfeye is on a distinguished road

wolfeye's Tacoma Gallery
Did they do anything with the floor board?
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wow, sorry but that looks like crap-- i coulda done that with my dremmel
Old 07-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post

Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #17
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up my new Tacoma DC 4x4 today...it appears that the pedal modification has already been done.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #18
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
This guy got it done , and apparently if you are not satisfied with the re-shaping you can get a new pedal ( new shape ) sent to you and installed free of charge .

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...done-pics.html
Old 07-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
This guy got it done , and apparently if you are not satisfied with the re-shaping you can get a new pedal ( new shape ) sent to you and installed free of charge .

Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #20
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
yeah I declined mine being done when I went to get my state inspection! I was like, ummm...hell no!