1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I Wired for OEM FogLamps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lucky, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Jun 22, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    lucky

lucky [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NB, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunnerX4
    My base 07 Dcab does not have fog lights in the bumper - plastic cones instead. Taking a peek behind the bumper, I discovered some wiring that appears to be for the factory lamps. On each side is a lead taped back very near the position of where the lamps would mount. Looking at OEM lamps online, it appears the connector at the end of these leads matches that of the OEM lamps. In the dash, I pulled the blank where the foglamp switch would be located (according to owner's guide) and found a connector and wiring stuffed into the back of the blank. Is all I'm missing is a switch and OEM lamps? Is all the electrical installed by default, minus the switch and lamps?

2. Jun 22, 2008 at 4:20 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    From what I have heard; if it is a V6 model then everything but the lamps, relay, and switch are present. The problem is; Toyota does not sell it in discounted "kit" form, just individual replacement parts, which makes the missing parts more expensive than most premium brand aftermarket complete kits. People have pieced it together for less than dealer list price and even slightly less than dealer discounted net price by searching E-bay and other sources. They still wind up rather expensive for the performance level given. I would rather have a pair of mid range driving lights to supplement high beams, or some passing beams that have more reach than fogs, but less reach (and oncoming glare) than driving lights. If you just want them to get rid of the filler blanks to make the truck look better, then the factory fog lamps will do the job. I have seen very few factory fog lamps that are much more than just decorative.

3. Jun 22, 2008 at 4:28 PM
    lucky

lucky [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NB, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunnerX4
    Thanks. i think I've found an OEM kit on ebay for $129. Includes switch, relay and lamps - all oem, supposedly. I found the switch by itself for $20 at RockAuto. I really just wanted to ditch the blanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Jun 22, 2008 at 9:09 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    That's not bad, they have been geting cheaper as more turn up at places other that Toyota dealers. The 07 Tundras were out of site pricewise for a while even after they had been available at E-bay and such, but have come down also, only problem on Tundra's is the fog lamp switch is incorporated in the headlamp off/on-dimmer stalk

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top