Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Regrets?

Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
UGAspeed will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
UGAspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Regrets?

I just got my Tacoma 4x4 Dbl LB Sport a few weeks ago for about 28100 before tax etc... I could have gotten a Tundra Dbl with the 4.6 and some options for that price or cheaper. It's a bigger truck with the same mpg .

I had some second thoughts, but I love my truck so that is quickly fading. Anyone wish they had got the Tundra instead?
Old 08-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
No......

I love my tacoma. I got rid of a Dodge Ram to get into a smaller truck.

Fullsize trucks are a pain in the ass. They're harder to maneuver in & around tight areas & parking lots. You're ALWAYS afraid someone is gonna hit your truck and/or slam their doors into it while parked. Gas mileage might be somewhat similar, but I quarentee.....if you tow or haul something, its gonna hurt. Insurance and registration costs are gonna be more. I'm pretty sure everything else (parts, tires, maintenance, etc) is gonna cost more.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets ... '84, '94, '06, '10 ..... it can handle what I need it for, it has the options I need, it is bulletproof ..... nope, no regrets.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
I went to the dealership in 2008 to buy a Tundra, and left with a Tacoma
Old 08-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Guess you should have done more reasearch. But it looks like a similar tundra would have cost you 40k+ according to toyota.com. (Tundra Double cab 4.6 TRD offroad 4x4).
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Just wish I got colored keyed bumpers,flares, along w/a lsd
Old 08-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets here.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
The tundra is bigger so I went with a small truck. No regrets here at all. I done my research months ahead of this huge purchase
Old 08-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
Taco Supremist
spearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to allspearhead is a name known to all

spearhead's Tacoma Gallery
I've been a Tacomian since before they called them Tacomas. I'm on my 5th one and guess at this point I'll never prefer anything else. I've had every compact truck manufacturer at some point, save GMC and Dodge, Tacos were just always better to me.

My regret: Dakotas being the only V8 compact truck option
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #10
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets here, with my 2 day old Tacoma DC SR5 4x4.

I traded a 2 month old, 2400 mile, 2010 F-150 XLT Scab 2x4. I agree with the posts on the "drive-ability" of the mid sized Tacoma truck.

And as disclaimer: I have no political or egotistical dog in the hunt...I have owned literally a dozen or more full size Chevy and Ford pickups.

I love my Tacoma. I believe I'll never own another big truck.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
Deja vu here... seems like Ive seen this exact post before...

I love my tacoma, I always heard the Tundras were bad on gas.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
UGAspeed will become famous soon enough

Air Force:
UGAspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the responses. I do love the truck and plan on keeping it for a long time to come.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logically Insane View Post
Deja vu here... seems like Ive seen this exact post before...

I love my tacoma, I always heard the Tundras were bad on gas.
I have had a few of those on this forum. Maybe that's why they stress to use the search.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #14
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAspeed View Post
I just got my Tacoma 4x4 Dbl LB Sport a few weeks ago for about 28100 before tax etc... I could have gotten a Tundra Dbl with the 4.6 and some options for that price or cheaper. It's a bigger truck with the same mpg .

I had some second thoughts, but I love my truck so that is quickly fading. Anyone wish they had got the Tundra instead?
you are not getting the same mileage. no way in hell
i went back and forth too. they offered 0% interest at the time.too much truck if you really dont need it. sucks to park the tacoma never mind a tundra
Old 08-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
No regrets ... '84, '94, '06, '10 ..... it can handle what I need it for, it has the options I need, it is bulletproof ..... nope, no regrets.
what he said 86 2-88s 02 08 2010
Old 08-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #16
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
NOPE!!! didnt even think about a Tundra...if i had gotten a full size it wouldve been an 04+ ford f150 crew cab 4x4
Old 08-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Especially if it was for the 4.6. If I'm goin with a Tundra I'm goin with the 5.7.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
Aztacotrd is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
Aztacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Tacoma and the only thing i regret is not getting a dc w/ the sport package but I couldn't afford it
Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #19
MajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud ofMajKong has much to be proud of

Marines: Sergeant of Marines, 4th Force Recon
Name: Johnny
MajKong's Tacoma Gallery
No regrets. My Dad tried to sell me his Tundra and I said "No dice!"
Old 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you had a NEED for a larger bed, you made the right choice.