Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cargo Box options?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
JML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud ofJML50 has much to be proud of

JML50's Tacoma Gallery
Cargo Box options?

I am looking for some kind of storage box for my bed and was wondering if anyone has ideas. We go to the beach alot so i need something for sandy towels and such and just to put things in that i dont want in the cab. I had a UWS toolbox in my 1st gen. and liked it because i still had room in the bed, but because the bed is smaller in my 2nd gen. there really isnt much room once the box is in. I want something that i can bolt down but can also be removed and that is durable. I tried using just a rubbermaid bin but soon lost the lid. Anybody using anything? Thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Add a bungee or ratchet strap to the rubbermaid so you don't lose the lid.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
jay8ird is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
jay8ird's Tacoma Gallery
Go to tacoma garage, technical chat, technial, mods sticky, and click on cheap mods in first post then go to # 52 for short bed options. Rubbermaid boxes. Cool idea.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt want to lose bedspace for a 4wheeler or something so i decided just to build one.

It took 1 sheet of 3/4 inch plywood. 4 hinges and a couple cans of under coat spray and one can of bed coat spray. i'm going to get some pics up on my build thread. basically i have had a box in all my former Toyotas however i just didnt want to lose to much room but still be able to drive up on it without having to pick up the front end of the 4wheeler.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Ammo cans