1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new (to me) Taco

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Navigator, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jun 23, 2008 at 7:44 PM
    Navigator

Navigator [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    Howdy boys, just bought an '05 DC Sport 6spd. last week after 3 months of searching for the right truck at the right price.

I did a couple searches and couldn't find the answers I was looking for, for a couple questions...hope you guys can help me out.

I just took the truck out for the first time at night and I was surprised to learn that I have no dash lights for the push button switches to the left of the driver (i.e. Clutch Start Cancel, Fogs, the Inverter, and the P.M. switch). I'm assuming they should be there, any idea's why they aren't working? Tomorrow morning I'm going to check all my fuses and if that doesn't work then I guess I'll be pulling the dash apart.

Also, what is the technical name for the mini-fuses in these trucks?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. Jun 23, 2008 at 7:54 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Nice looking truck and welcome to TW. I've never heard of the fuses referred to as anything other than mini-fuses. Not sure about the dash lights. Someone else will provide some answers soon enough.

3. Jun 23, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    Navigator

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.

4. Jun 23, 2008 at 8:08 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)

5. Jun 24, 2008 at 7:30 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Yup...
    I've used them in my 07 (for my heated seat).
    [​IMG]

6. Jun 24, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Welcome. Nice truck. Looks like the previous owner took good care of it. I remember when I got mine you could tell the paint had never been waxed. Felt dry as a damn bone.

7. Jun 24, 2008 at 7:53 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Nice truck man!

8. Jun 24, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    Navigator

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    Thanks guys, just came back in the house after checking all my fuses and no luck. I don't want to be wasting my time, should the switches left of the steering column light up? :confused:

9. Jun 24, 2008 at 8:55 AM
    Demoncleaner

Demoncleaner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    05 Dcab 6spd 4x4 TRD Sport w/Tow
    TRD exhaust Homemade bed mat & bed extender, front Drings, Short clutch throw, Summer: Stock 17's Winter: Blizzaks on 16' black steelies
    Nice truck, same as mine other than color. Hope it treats you as well as mine has. There is no lightup on those left bank switches when not being used.

When Clutch start cancel is used it has orange light
    When Inverter is on, its either orange at 100W or green at 400W.
    Fogs are never lit up even when on.

10. Jun 24, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    Navigator

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    Thanks Demon, I guess I'll have to change that because it's going to drive me nuts.:D
    Indigo Ink was my first choice but I couldn't find one with a stick.
    Great forum here, enjoyed it before I had a Taco and now that it's in the driveway I'm finding it even more useful.

Products Discussed in

To Top