Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Katzkin Seat Covers

Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
DallasPre is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
DallasPre's Tacoma Gallery
Katzkin Seat Covers

Ok so i ordered them from www.autointeriorslive.com It took almost exactly a month to get them mailed and shipped. When i got the covers i inspected them and found a defect in one of the head rest covers. It looks like when it was sewed together the leather got pinched. Anyways i called Autointerior around 4pm and left a message detailing my problem, about 5:30 i got a return call from them saying that they had already contacted Katzkin and that they were gonna make another the next day and overnight it that day! true to there word i got a email confirming my headrest cover was sitting on my front porch as promised two days later. I would recommend them to anyone they were great.

So Ive only done the front seats so far and the headrests. will do the rest sometime this week.

here is some pics:

Old 08-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Tacodave1 will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
Tacodave1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Do those go over the existing covers or do you remove before putting new ones on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasPre View Post
Ok so i ordered them from www.autointeriorslive.com It took almost exactly a month to get them mailed and shipped. When i got the covers i inspected them and found a defect in one of the head rest covers. It looks like when it was sewed together the leather got pinched. Anyways i called Autointerior around 4pm and left a message detailing my problem, about 5:30 i got a return call from them saying that they had already contacted Katzkin and that they were gonna make another the next day and overnight it that day! true to there word i got a email confirming my headrest cover was sitting on my front porch as promised two days later. I would recommend them to anyone they were great.

So Ive only done the front seats so far and the headrests. will do the rest sometime this week.

here is some pics:

Old 08-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #3

You remove the old ones before installing these.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:19 AM   #4
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
They look great. Are they air bag friendly?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to do this too. What colors are those?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
How much did those set you back. Been wanting leather for a while now.

How bad was the install?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
chaztoyo is on a distinguished road
Name: Chaz
chaztoyo's Tacoma Gallery
Those really look good. How much trouble were they to install?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primersinmyshoe View Post
They look great. Are they air bag friendly?

Ya its an option when your order. they even have the SRS tag like the factory ones
Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
I'd like to do this too. What colors are those?
beige and black with beige stitching.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
How much did those set you back. Been wanting leather for a while now.

How bad was the install?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaztoyo View Post
Those really look good. How much trouble were they to install?
They were about 800. I was a ford mechanic for about 6 years specializing in interior trim. so for me it wasn't hard. I would say anyone with enough patience can do it.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:26 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great and I really like the colors. Did you do the install yourself? If so, how much trouble was it and did you have any experience going in?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Looks great and I really like the colors. Did you do the install yourself? If so, how much trouble was it and did you have any experience going in?
ya i installed it myself. check the post above yours.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #13
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ya i installed it myself. check the post above yours.
My bad, I must have been typing while you posted. Any special tools required?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
My bad, I must have been typing while you posted. Any special tools required?
Its cool. ya the only special tool i needed was hog ring pliers and hog rings. witch i ended up finding at Tractor Supply.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! looks good!

I installed black katzkin covers in my double cab and I love them. So much easier to keep clean. All of those wrinkles should smooth out after a few days in the sun. Mine did.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
Nice! looks good!

I installed black katzkin covers in my double cab and I love them. So much easier to keep clean. All of those wrinkles should smooth out after a few days in the sun. Mine did.
Thanks. im loving them so far. and yeah ive noticed so of the wrinkles going away already.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #17
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Very Very nice work man.

Really looks sweet.

With your talents...you should do the elbow rests and hand grips on the door panels to match.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Very Very nice work man.

Really looks sweet.

With your talents...you should do the elbow rests and hand grips on the door panels to match.
Thanks so much. i am about to finish the armrests on the door panles this weekend... i hope. Im doing them in black leather. Also going to take the center console lid to a local interior shop to get it covered in black. think that ones outta my range... cant sew.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #19
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Before you do the door panels, check out my thread. I'm so glad I added the foam padding. I also added it to the center console and wrapped that in black pleather.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...y-mistake.html
Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #20
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
beige and black with beige stitching.

How is the color match? It says on the website you posted that 2009 Tacomas with the tan interior should go with "Ivory" leather.