Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Opinions on bed covers

Old 08-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
Opinions on bed covers

Just wanted to get peoples opinions on whats the best best cover out there. Never really put one on my truck before, so not to familiar with whats out there and what isnt going to dry rot in a year... So any input/suggestions would be great, thanks in advanced!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
764mike is on a distinguished road
764mike's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought an Undercover SE and love it. It only took 45 min to install myself. Its very strong and 100% water tight. It comes off in 30 seconds and is light enough to pick up yourself. $738.00 shipped to my house. Even comes with the hardware to hang on your garage wall.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
kb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to beholdkb1jop is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rick
kb1jop's Tacoma Gallery
Figure out what you need first...

There is more than one type. For instance, a tri-fold works best for my needs but a roll-up might be better other people. Some need security so solid tops with locks works for them. So figure out what you need first and then you can narrow your search [and also not get a million opinions that don't apply.]
Old 08-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #4
For the Retards, Im a Female
ToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
ToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ToyTaco
i still want the bed to be functional to where i can remove it/roll it back whatever have you so i can fit things that are taller then the bed in there because i haul a lot of parts for my mustang back and forth.

Not a fan of the ones that you have to snap indv. one by one down the side. My 01 had that when i bought it, it was awful and was dry rotted and everything, figured it was a cheapo one.

My bed gets beat up from using it just wanna hide the imperfections when i take it to shows and also have the option if my access cab is full i can throw it in the back and have things protected when i need it.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I have a roll-up tonneau which works well for me. Although I like the convenience of the tri-fold, I chose the roll-up over the tri-fold because I either need the full bed, or none of it. I liked being able to roll it up and out of the way and only having to find a place for the cross members.