Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your camping setup

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
pcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of light
pcledrew's Tacoma Gallery
Show me your camping setup

Trying to convince my wife to use the tacoma as a camping rig. She wants a tent. Show me some pics of your camping setup using a hard canopy or shell or topper or whatever your local colloquialism for it is.

If you know of one any similar threads; feel free to link it here as well. I'd still like to see some new ones though.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine, I have used it about every weekend this summer.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-platform.html
Old 08-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.lakelandgear.com/pick-up-...k-camping.aspx
Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery

works awesome
Old 08-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
I use a similar tent to tacovic and I went to wallmart bought some foam and cut it to size. I love the setup, only issue is when going on longer trips trying to keep the foamy and all the supplies in the back from getting wet if it rains or really dusty.. I know a tarp would solve this but its an area where a canopy could come in handy. rab89 has a pretty neat sleeping platform for his canopy hopefully hes creeping my posts and puts it up!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
You have a long bed on that double cab? I hope so.

Anyway I dropped a Leer 100XR shell on and put in a Bedrug Bed Mat in my Access Cab. You can get a Bedrug for the entire box - bottom, sides, tailgate - but it cost over $300. I just got the bed mat which lays on the bottom and later I added the tailgate cover (soft sitting).

Get the one for a truck without a bed liner (stock composite bed counts as no liner). It fits into the grooves of the bed, and in and of itself is very comfy, but we toss Thermarests on top for added softness. But any good closed cell foam on top would be excellent. Plus you can pull the whole thing out for cleaning.

The two of us and our dog sleep very well.

Here's a link... Note that AutoAnything does NOT list this as available for 2010 Tacomas. So choose 2009 (it's the same thing and fits perfecty).

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-li...0A3193550.aspx
Old 08-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
upflying is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
upflying's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to put a Starcraft pop-camper on my DC long bed. I don't have the truck yet though.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #9
saltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltwater taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
saltwater taco's Tacoma Gallery
Heres mine. I plan on building a raised platform with some foam on top and storage underneath
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krookz View Post
Mine

Was that second pic taken at the OBX?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #11
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine

Looks comfy in thar!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #12
JoeyTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutJoeyTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutJoeyTacoma has a spectacular aura about

JoeyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The only way to camp! This is a Wildernest Camper Shell. No longer in business but you can find them used.[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/48769/cat/500][/url
and this is it all closed up. Tent folds up in top of roof when shut.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:36 AM   #13
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yea, Oregon Inlet, last year. My brothers and I went camping before he left for the Air Force.
Awesome, I wanna go up there in October to go fishing and was thinking about camping instead of renting a house to save some money. Is that at a campground?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Yes, right next to the inlet. $20 a night
Oh sweet! I think I'm gonna go that route then
Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #15
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have a tent in their 1st gen and a toolbox?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 AM   #16
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
There are some pretty cool ideas on this thread at Expedition Portal:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ht=cargo+setup
Old 10-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
dvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant futuredvdrdclf has a brilliant future
dvdrdclf's Tacoma Gallery
I built a platform to sleep on. Hopefully in the winter for skiing, but this was from fruita/moab this past week:

Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #18
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Stumbled across this thread poking around. DCSB w/lilguy off road tear drop with 85 watt solar panel. Love it, but after 10,000+ miles I need to do something with the suspension. Already have the TSB AAL and it sags pretty bad when truck and trailer are all loaded up and camping (1500lb camper, est 175lb tongue weight, plus couple hundred pounds of gear in the bed). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your camping setup-dsc00664.jpg  
Old 06-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #19
fjrmurph will become famous soon enoughfjrmurph will become famous soon enough
fjrmurph's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaare View Post
Stumbled across this thread poking around. DCSB w/lilguy off road tear drop with 85 watt solar panel. Love it, but after 10,000+ miles I need to do something with the suspension. Already have the TSB AAL and it sags pretty bad when truck and trailer are all loaded up and camping (1500lb camper, est 175lb tongue weight, plus couple hundred pounds of gear in the bed). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Air bags !!
Old 07-01-2012, 04:42 AM   #20
MSCOFF is a name known to allMSCOFF is a name known to allMSCOFF is a name known to allMSCOFF is a name known to allMSCOFF is a name known to allMSCOFF is a name known to all
Name: Mark
MSCOFF's Tacoma Gallery
Leer 180. WalMart storaqe containers. about $100 at Home Depot for wood, carpet, ect. For 2 0r more nights, we use a Napier SUV SportzTent which you can back the truck into
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your camping setup-toyota-1.jpg   Show me your camping setup-toyota2.jpg   Show me your camping setup-toyota3.jpg   Show me your camping setup-toyota4.jpg   Show me your camping setup-toyota5.jpg  

Show me your camping setup-toyota6.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread