1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Regular Cabs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigBear, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Aug 3, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    BigBear

BigBear [OP] L-I-V-I-N

Member:
    First Name:
    Jones
    Live Free or Die
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCSB
    I have a bit of a problem on my hands and I wanted to get some feedback from the forum. Right now I own a 2010 VW GTI and all this car has been is a headache for me. Before I bought it in March I owned an '06 AC SR5 Tacoma 6 speed and LOVED it, but stupid me got sick of spending the money on repairs and traded it in for a car:frusty: Anyways, I have owned 2 2nd Gens and I'm on the fence about buying another. I want something simple that wont give me a lot of issues and I have been driving a stick for 9 years and I would love the convenience of an auto. The 2011 Reg. Cab now comes with an auto. Is it worth it to go with the auto 4 banger or go with a 5 speed 2010 for cheaper money but less convenience and no bucket seats. Sorry for rambling on but just want some opinions.

2. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    The regular cab has offered an AT .... I just traded out of an '06 for a '10 AC for the room behind the seat for tossing my golf clubs when grabbing a cold beer. Other than the lack of space the regular cab was great. 30 mpg on the highway ..... smooth, quiet, comfortable ride. It is all what you are looking for it to do.

'06
    [​IMG]

3. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    BigBear

BigBear [OP] L-I-V-I-N

Member:
    First Name:
    Jones
    Live Free or Die
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCSB
    I forgot to mention I had an '08 Reg Cab 2wd but the 4wd was not offered with an auto in the 2nd gens until now. I really need 4wd with these northeast winters and hunting season coming up. It's really whether or not i wanna deal with a manual to keep the buying price down and buy a leftover '10 or just go for it on the auto '11. Will I have enough power with the auto 4cyl to get around and load up the bed or pull a bike or wheeler?

4. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM
    canucklehead

canucklehead Well-Known Member

Member:
    sunnyvale, ca
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma reg cab 4x4
    i had a gti turbo before my reg cab. i also got rid of it because of problems. i have just as much fun wrenching on the suspension and cruising the trails as i did fixing up the turbo. it's just refreshing to drive something reliable. if your getting a 4x4 id get a stick.

5. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    BigBear

BigBear [OP] L-I-V-I-N

Member:
    First Name:
    Jones
    Live Free or Die
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCSB
    I think I'm gonna go down to the dealer and test drive a stick and see how it feels, only thing I like about the 2011's is that the autos come with bucket seats and a center console and I really like that much better than a full bench.

6. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    love my 4x4 reg cab stick... bench seat isnt so bad... first gear is really low so its not much effort to drive in traffic. i think my 4banger would be really sluggish with an auto... test drive both and see what you like better

7. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    on another note these trucks feel like rolling turds. i bought mine blind off the internet and when i got it was really disappointed. after the break in period of 1000 miles or so i could feel a huge improvement and things seated in the engine

8. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    BigBear

BigBear [OP] L-I-V-I-N

Member:
    First Name:
    Jones
    Live Free or Die
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCSB
    If i go with the auto, is there any real ways to get a little more grunt out of it? Regearing? Bolt ons? etc...

9. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    I would have liked buckets ..... no way could we sit 3 across on the bench .... liking them in the AC .... I'll have to look for pictures.

10. Aug 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    headers. cold air intake. secondary air filter removal. dynomax muffler

Products Discussed in

To Top