1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Anthony999, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Jun 24, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    Anthony999

Anthony999 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    I have a 05 Regular cab 5 lug. I wanna go away from the street truck look, and get my truck in the desert where it belongs.

So my question is, how is everyone fitting the TRD 6 lug wheels on there 5 lug regular cabs? My dad told me he would give me his TRD Sport wheels to paint black if I could find a way to make them fit on my truck. He would just get some new rims, because hes been wanting some for awhile now.

2. Jun 24, 2008 at 9:25 PM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    MB Seven X Wheels, Hankook Optima Tires, Billet Grille, Blacked out headlights tailights and third brake light, LEER 700 Series tonneau cover, Blacked out emblems, Wolo air horn, Sony Xplod stereo, 8" Bazooka subwoofer, painted to match bumpers, leather arm rests.
    Any help? Please?

3. Jun 24, 2008 at 9:34 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Hey Anthony- I actually did a search 4 you and couldnt come up with an adapter kit or something but be patient-these guys are bound to get you answers in the near future:)

4. Jun 24, 2008 at 9:44 PM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Thanks man :)

5. Jun 24, 2008 at 11:33 PM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    I have not looked very hard, but all I have seen is people who installed the larger wheels/tires from other Toyota 5 lug vehicles; with or without any lift. Anything can be done if one has enough time and money. I would think that there is some way to fit 70's-80's 6 lug 2wd HiLux hubs to the front, and either re-drill the rear axle shaft flanges to the 6 lug pattern or either change out shafts; as I figure that there Toytota truck diffs that will take either 5 or 6 lug shafts. Sounds like a lot of rouble just to get some free take-offs versus the many 15, 16, and 17 inch wheels with the 5"/on 4.5" patern in widths from 6-9", and many offsets, that would go on with no mods or just a mild lift per tire size chosen.

Toyota does make a 6 lug 2WD reg cab, the PeRunner; you are not mistaking this factory build for an aftermarket mod are you?

6. Jun 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM
    Anthony999

Member:
    Glendale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma

I must be mistaking it then. I didnt know the Prerunner regular cabs were 6 lug. Im probably gonna go for some cheap steelies now :D

Products Discussed in

To Top