1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PA clicks but no sound

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by callahansd, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    callahansd

callahansd [OP] Guest

hey guys iv searched this but couldnt find it, iv finally figured out how to correctly wire my oversized PA for my cobra CB and it is only clicking when i hit the button but i cannot talk through it, the speaker is def on, i can hear it when i switch to PA any ideas?
    thanks for any help

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    A little more info could be helpful (ie: type of radio, pa speaker & how it's wired). If you plug it into the external speaker jack on your CB, you should hear static or people talking on it, depending on if you are receiving anyone or not. If you hear nothing, then it may be hooked up wrong in the plug you put on the end of the wire.

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    There should be a volume adjuster for PA; either the regular volume knob, or a separate PA knob.

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    shorty11B

shorty11B Infantry Leads The Way

Member:
    georgia
    just a thought but maybe you have it plugged into external speaker and not pa....you would hear the speaker ....but when you keyed the mike it would cancel out...what model cobra?

5. Aug 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    callahansd

callahansd [OP] Guest

its a DX IV, and the volume is up and it is def in the PA slot ima mess with it now and see if i can figure it out

6. Aug 4, 2010 at 7:44 PM
    callahansd

callahansd [OP] Guest

still wont work with the mic, i have the pos and neg cords in the right places and the plug in the PA slot but i only hear slight static, as well as, a click when i hit the mic, the volume is up... thanks for the info so far any more ideas? could my mic be the problem? iv had the cb for awhile and havent used it in about a year

thanks for any help
    -sean

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    callahansd

callahansd [OP] Guest

Buuuuump

8. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    If your Cobra has a dynamike control, that's what you use for the PA volume. Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top