1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stupid question, but new taco doesn't come with remote entry?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by akjone02, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    akjone02

akjone02 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Capital Region NY
    My new ride just arrived and is sitting outside. In a few minutes I'm going to go take it out for a spin (after taking pictures of course :) ). I just wanted to ask a really dumb question first though. I've got the 2010 access cab, no packages or add-ons or anything. I have power locks and windows... but no remote entry?

I don't know if the Taco is set up for it or not, all I know is that the dealer dropped it off with no fob or remote, and checking online shows "remote keyless entry" as an add-on, not a standard feature.

It's not a big deal, I'll call around to my local shops about an alarm/keyless entry combo, I'm just really surprised. Keyless remotes come on cars that are 10 years old and starting at 12k. It's a small thing but had me scratching my head.

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. The first place I called about an alarm/remote entry combo said the same thing. "It didn't come with one? But you have power doors? That has to be a mistake..." so I just wanted to double-check before I bought something redundant. Do I even have the receiver or antenna in there if I just pick up a fob or would I need the whole system? Thanks in advance for any answers.

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Call the dealer and check. Sounds like it should have. :notsure:

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:52 PM
    eodrunner

eodrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerron
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    2 JL 10W3, Infinity reference series speakers all around, infinity 1600a and 475a amps, Pioneer Avicenna-z140bh
    You are correct, it does not come with it. I've got a 2010 Double cab prerunner and all I got is two regular and one valet keys. I think we have to get the sr5 package to start getting the remote entry.

4. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    Hmm mine came with the remote, but it could have been part of the package. I'm sure someone else with a similar model can verify that for you. Welcome to TW and congrats on the new ride! But how did you manage to get it delivered to your house?

5. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    shorty11B

shorty11B Infantry Leads The Way

Member:
    georgia
    I would have thought that would be something standard on a 2010...

6. Aug 4, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    USNROBERTS

USNROBERTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PRERUNNER SR5 TRD SPORT
    I cant answer your question but I share in your confusion. Doesnt make sense to me either.

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    austex

austex Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Base
    My '09 base Access included the Convenience Package - remote lock/unlock was part of that package, along with cruise control, power mirrors, steering wheel audio controls and sliding/tinted rear window.

Products Discussed in

To Top