Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 DC Offroad 4x4 Used Value?

Old 08-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Pipe Hitter
brianc142 is on a distinguished road
brianc142's Tacoma Gallery
2010 DC Offroad 4x4 Used Value?

I've got a 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad, Silver with a little over 8,000 miles. The interior and exterior are like new and the only mod I've done is add Duratracs and tinted the front windows to match the back. It is basically loaded with a tow package, Sat. pre-wired, 6 speaker sound system, etc. I am not posting this as a for sale ad, just curious what the Tacoma experts think I could reasonable sell it for pretty quickly if need be. I may be posting it soon in the classified section. I'm located in SC. The truck has never hauled anything other than garbage and never been off road. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Private party I'd say, $26.5k or a little less. A dealer would probably push for $28k. Just my clueless, uneducated guess.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Pipe Hitter
I was thinking of asking for 28K and was wondering if that was fair or too much. If I couldn't get that out of it, I think I'd drive it another year or so and keep the miles low on it. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Got Tacoma will become famous soon enough
Name: Gila
Got Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianc142 View Post
I've got a 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad, Silver with a little over 8,000 miles. The interior and exterior are like new and the only mod I've done is add Duratracs and tinted the front windows to match the back. It is basically loaded with a tow package, Sat. pre-wired, 6 speaker sound system, etc. I am not posting this as a for sale ad, just curious what the Tacoma experts think I could reasonable sell it for pretty quickly if need be. I may be posting it soon in the classified section. I'm located in SC. The truck has never hauled anything other than garbage and never been off road. Thanks for the help in advance.
You still have a transferable warranty to the new buyer. Your truck a 2010 SR5 TRD Dounle Cab 4x4 goes for $32,250 sticker new. A good negotiator can get $3,000 off a new Tacoma like yours. I would start with $30k and work my way down in price. A lot of people don't know what the dealer discount should be. I would not accept less than 28k.
Be careful when showing the vehicle no test drives alone you should always be present. When the deal is almost done and it comes time to exchange money remember no cash unless the cash is exchanged in the bank at the teller window. Cash can be counterfeit. Have the buyer get a cashiers check from the bank where you do business that way there is no waiting period to cash the check. The cashiers check has to cashed in the bank before you surrender your vehicle. These crooks can make checks with laser printers that look good to you and me but not to the bank. A few years ago 2 young ladies came by at dusk to look at my pickup that was for sale. With only a few minutes of light left she decided to buy it. She wanted to pay me with a personal check. I said no. She went back and fourth about how good her check was and her friend was a notary and would notarize the check. These people are slick and sick. I told her if you really want to buy it come back tomorrow with a cashiers check and we will go to the bank together. She never came back. If I has accepted her personal check it would have bounced on the spot or in a few days and I would have never seen my truck again. Did you know there is around 15 to 20 billion dollars in vehicle fraud every year and thousands of people never see their vehicle again in private sales.

Good Luck
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
I am going tonight to look at a used 2010 double cab 4x4 trd sport short bed! With a load of extras. Window visors, window tints, new side view mirrors with turn signals in them, fiberglass cover, and a few more things. Dealer offered it to me for 27,500! I hope this helps!

Quote:
Old 08-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Running your numbers on our NADA e-Valuator system, you should be able to get between $24200 and $26000 from a dealer and up to $28000 from a private seller...
Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
Pipe Hitter
Thanks for the help guys.