1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 DC Offroad 4x4 Used Value?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brianc142, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Aug 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    brianc142

brianc142 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DC
    I've got a 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 TRD Offroad, Silver with a little over 8,000 miles. The interior and exterior are like new and the only mod I've done is add Duratracs and tinted the front windows to match the back. It is basically loaded with a tow package, Sat. pre-wired, 6 speaker sound system, etc. I am not posting this as a for sale ad, just curious what the Tacoma experts think I could reasonable sell it for pretty quickly if need be. I may be posting it soon in the classified section. I'm located in SC. The truck has never hauled anything other than garbage and never been off road. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Aug 4, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Private party I'd say, $26.5k or a little less. A dealer would probably push for $28k. Just my clueless, uneducated guess.

3. Aug 4, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    brianc142

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DC
    I was thinking of asking for 28K and was wondering if that was fair or too much. If I couldn't get that out of it, I think I'd drive it another year or so and keep the miles low on it. Thanks for the input.

4. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    Got Tacoma

Got Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gila
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl. Cab Sb 4 x 4 Trd
    Undercover Tonneau, Roof Rack, ABR Bumper, Warn 9.5xp, OME 886, Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 Struts and shocks
    You still have a transferable warranty to the new buyer. Your truck a 2010 SR5 TRD Dounle Cab 4x4 goes for $32,250 sticker new. A good negotiator can get $3,000 off a new Tacoma like yours. I would start with $30k and work my way down in price. A lot of people don't know what the dealer discount should be. I would not accept less than 28k.
    Be careful when showing the vehicle no test drives alone you should always be present. When the deal is almost done and it comes time to exchange money remember no cash unless the cash is exchanged in the bank at the teller window. Cash can be counterfeit. Have the buyer get a cashiers check from the bank where you do business that way there is no waiting period to cash the check. The cashiers check has to cashed in the bank before you surrender your vehicle. These crooks can make checks with laser printers that look good to you and me but not to the bank. A few years ago 2 young ladies came by at dusk to look at my pickup that was for sale. With only a few minutes of light left she decided to buy it. She wanted to pay me with a personal check. I said no. She went back and fourth about how good her check was and her friend was a notary and would notarize the check. These people are slick and sick. I told her if you really want to buy it come back tomorrow with a cashiers check and we will go to the bank together. She never came back. If I has accepted her personal check it would have bounced on the spot or in a few days and I would have never seen my truck again. Did you know there is around 15 to 20 billion dollars in vehicle fraud every year and thousands of people never see their vehicle again in private sales.

Good Luck

5. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    I am going tonight to look at a used 2010 double cab 4x4 trd sport short bed! With a load of extras. Window visors, window tints, new side view mirrors with turn signals in them, fiberglass cover, and a few more things. Dealer offered it to me for 27,500! I hope this helps!

6. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    BuckNakedBooda

BuckNakedBooda There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Member:
    Woodbridge, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Limited 4x4
    Running your numbers on our NADA e-Valuator system, you should be able to get between $24200 and $26000 from a dealer and up to $28000 from a private seller...

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 6:45 AM
    brianc142

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DC
    Thanks for the help guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top