1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting Truck Checked?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by unfamouskid01, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    unfamouskid01

unfamouskid01 [OP] Member

Member:
    South Bay-Torrance
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Bone Stock
    Okay, so i get rear ended today.. was at a stop light and this chick hit me from behind leaving me no visible damage.. I really want to get it checked out and make sure the frame and everything is okay.. any suggestions.. please let me know before i make a claim to my insurance.. and do you guys think my insurance will pay for the inspection? Cheers..

2. Aug 6, 2010 at 12:04 AM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    usually, if there is damage you will notice it in the bumper. Look underneath, where the bumper bolts to the frame, if it looks ok, then it most likely is. Did you get her info.? if so, her insurance should pay to have it checked it out.Although, most body shop estimates are free anyway. I let 2 different people go after they rear-ended me. Both times, my vehicles were perfect.....but my back hurt like hell a few days later.

3. Aug 6, 2010 at 12:04 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I would take it to a collision repair shop first, and pay for the inspection yourself. Don't even give them the insurance company information. Take pictures, ask questions, ask them to show you any damage that is there.

THEN you can decide whether it goes far enough over your deductible to file with your insurance, at which time you should be able to claim the inspection fee too.

4. Aug 6, 2010 at 12:08 AM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    I'm curious why you say he should pay first and not give any info.. Is that so the other person's insurance can't talk to the bodyshop and screw him over?

5. Aug 6, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not the other person's. His. I don't know details of the accident, but if it isn't something that will require repair under insurance it is best that his insurance company never hear of it.

6. Aug 6, 2010 at 12:55 AM
    unfamouskid01

unfamouskid01 [OP] Member

Member:
    South Bay-Torrance
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Bone Stock
    We did exchange all the information that was needed.. the last thing i probably would wanna do is notify our insurances, what i think i'm gonna do is call her, let her know that im gonna take it in to get it inspected and have her pay for the fees..

7. Aug 6, 2010 at 4:20 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Make a claim........Get the truck checked... Nuff said.

Don't call her. Let the insurance company deal with that. Since you got her information, she already knows that your going to call the insurance company (or else why bother collecting her info)?

Call your insurance company and request and adjuster come and look at it. Make sure you do a visual inspection yourself and point out any damage that you find.

8. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    if everyone ok, take truck and get estimate for any damages.
    this will tell you if there are any damages.
    then give her extimate and see if she wants to pay out of pocket?

9. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    upflying

upflying Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Antioch
    Except at the collision scene, never contact the other party in a collision. That will result in emotions, accusations, threats and lies. Your own insurance represents you in a claim. They will pay to have your truck inspected and repaired, less your deductible and provided you have collision coverage of course. Your insurance will then seek restitution from the other party and their insurance if the investigation determines they are at fault. Once the claim is settled, you are reimbursed for your deductible.
    I would surmise the "chick" was texting before you got rearended.

10. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    outlawtacoma

outlawtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 T4RTRDOR
    +1
    I actually did this before and the guy that rearended my truck paid out of pocket. estimates are free....

Products Discussed in

To Top