LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Stiff and too forward Headrest on 2010 TRD Sport. Any ideas on it??

Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
Stiff and too forward Headrest on 2010 TRD Sport. Any ideas on it??

Hey guys, I find my driver Headrest too stiff, or almost too forward on my 2010 TRD Sport. I wish I could move it back some, but the only adjustments are up or down.
Any ideas to move it back some or any thing else that I could do to make it more comfortable??
Thanks
David
Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
try taking it out and turning it backward, I tried it before and it moved it back a little.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
All the new vehicles now have the "forward leaning" headrests.

You think the Tacoma is bad...try the Ford and Chevy pickups. OMG. One of the reasons I got rid of my 2010 F-150. It was actually hurting my neck.

This, we can thank the lawyers and government lobbyists.

Land of the Free? I'm beginning to wonder.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
All the new vehicles now have the "forward leaning" headrests.

You think the Tacoma is bad...try the Ford and Chevy pickups. OMG. One of the reasons I got rid of my 2010 F-150. It was actually hurting my neck.

This, we can thank the lawyers and government lobbyists.

Land of the Free? I'm beginning to wonder.

What does a sperm cell and a lawyer have in common?

Scroll down .....

They both have a one in a million chance of becoming a human.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post

Scroll down .....

Not funny
Old 08-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post

Scroll down .....

Tough crowd tonite.

I rarely use my headrest, but I did notice when I first got my truck that they leaned forward a bit.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
That's news to me... I had a 2008 Mazda3 and headrest was quite nice...
Man, selling back a new 2010 F-150 must suck, I am sure you lost a few $$$ in that, plus I am surprised that the F-150 was as bad as Tacoma.
I am afraid of trying to force it backwards and brake the top part or warp the botton metal rods and no going down all the way...
I hope someone out there have a fix for this...
Cheers
David
Old 08-06-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The new active head restraints usually annoy shorter drivers. My mom had trouble at first with her '09 Subaru. Can you tilt the seatback back a little more and move the seat up? If the seatback is too vertical it places the headrest forward quite a bit.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #9
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
That's news to me... I had a 2008 Mazda3 and headrest was quite nice...
Man, selling back a new 2010 F-150 must suck, I am sure you lost a few $$$ in that, plus I am surprised that the F-150 was as bad as Tacoma.
I am afraid of trying to force it backwards and brake the top part or warp the botton metal rods and no going down all the way...
I hope someone out there have a fix for this...
Cheers
David
Yes I took it in the shins on the 2 month old 2400 mile F-150. But I don't see the point in driving/owing a truck I'm not happy/comfortable in...life is too short. And apparently, so am I. LOL.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
BTW...I'd be hesitant to turn around the headrests...God forbid you get in an accident and hurt your head/neck/back...if the lawyers from Dewey, Cheatum and How find out. It could make a big difference in your medical treatment costs.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Have someone sit in a seat with their back in a normal upright position. You will see several inches of air between their upper back and the seatback.

Bad design. Seems to be across all manufacturers (at least all of those I test drove last year).
Old 08-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #12
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Do you drive with the seatback in the upright position? I prefer it reclined by two notches, and the headrest angle is then quite good.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
The only people I can imagine fitting properly into the 2009+ seatbacks are old women with seriously hunched backs.

If your posture is correct then your neck is relatively straight with your head upright, not tilted forward at a severe angle. Unless you are supposed to be staring at your crotch while you drive--did I miss that day in driver's ed?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #14
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
BTW...I'd be hesitant to turn around the headrests...God forbid you get in an accident and hurt your head/neck/back...if the lawyers from Dewey, Cheatum and How find out. It could make a big difference in your medical treatment costs.
You listen to Car Talk, don't you?

Cant you just adjust them up so they are above your head at the point that leans forward? Dont remove them tho, thats just asking for whiplash.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #15
kanelakos has a spectacular aura aboutkanelakos has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Prime BEEF Unit,DMAFB
kanelakos's Tacoma Gallery
If it bothered me that much, I might look for aftermarket options. Or, being a metal worker, I would try to put slight bend in posts as close to pad as possible then re-install.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #16

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanelakos View Post
If it bothered me that much, I might look for aftermarket options. Or, being a metal worker, I would try to put slight bend in posts as close to pad as possible then re-install.
I'm still thinking about this option. I've also wanted to check out 2008 headrests and see if the posts fit. Apparently those headrests were more sanely designed.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:59 AM   #17
kanelakos has a spectacular aura aboutkanelakos has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Prime BEEF Unit,DMAFB
kanelakos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
I'm still thinking about this option. I've also wanted to check out 2008 headrests and see if the posts fit. Apparently those headrests were more sanely designed.

I have an 09 TRD Sport and have not even noticed the head rests. I am 6'0". and have the seat leaned back some.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #18
wnealw is on a distinguished road
Navy:
wnealw's Tacoma Gallery
Found the same in my base model. I tilted the whole seat back. A couple of washers under the front seat mounts did the trick for me.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #19
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only people I can imagine fitting properly into the 2009+ seatbacks are old women with seriously hunched backs.
I have no problems and even though I have been called an old lady in alll
actuality I am just an average middle aged, balding male going through an extended midlife crisis.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:44 PM   #20
zznalg is on a distinguished road
zznalg's Tacoma Gallery
I am sure that one can remove the cover of the headrest and very carefully slice or carve away some of the underlying foam where it meets the head. This would effectively move the headrest back some.

Products Discussed in this Thread