Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How much for your truck registration

Old 08-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
How much for your truck registration

Just wandering what you pay to register your truck, especially those of you from the southeast.
I just got my Ca DMV. $320.00. for my 2006 4dr 4x4. next year I will have to provide smog certificate which will add to the total. One more negative about ca.
but still love livin here.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...istration.html
Old 08-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I just paid 265.00 for my reg in so cal...........................I don't know if cali charges more for a 4x4 or not.............I know the insurance companies sure do............
Old 08-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
I just paid $320 for my reregistration in Nevada for my '06 AC TRD OR 4x4...i feel violated...:-(
Old 08-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Evil Monkey posted this.........................

Camper shells on trucks and California DMV fees
Just FYI, I see a lot of California Trucks with permanent camper shells and truck license plates (has one letter in the plate vs. three letters for a car plate).

I thought I'd pass this money-saving tip along. California charges commercial registration fees for all pickup trucks and cargo vans (SUV's don't incure that fee). However, if you have a permanent camper shell on your truck, you can register the truck as car (like an SUV) instead and avoid paying the commercial license fee. The only caveat is if you take the shell off, it would be an illegal plate. One friend I told saved over $100 per year in registration fees.

For a van, I believe you only need a rear permanent mounted passenger seat to get the commercial fee removed.

I'm not sure if the fee applies to hard one-piece tonneau covers but you might call someone and check.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I paid $381 last September for my '06 Double Cab. This was increase of over a $150 from 2008. This year it dropped a little to $347.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit batman... I only paid $130 for a year
Old 08-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
upflying is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
upflying's Tacoma Gallery
This is why the fees went up.
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/faq_vlf.htm
First thing the Terminator did was reduce the fees after Gray Davis was fired. Terminator said he would not raise them. He lied.
I am not optimistic for the future of the state of Kaliforniastan.
And no toneau covers do not qualify as a camper.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #12
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
Man and I thought $86.00 a year was robbery but over $300 for a yearly registration is insane.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
upflying is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
upflying's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon is pretty reasonable, Around a $100 for two years. No sales tax on any purchase either. Only PITA is you can't pump your own gas.
http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/fees/vehicle.shtml
Old 08-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was $235 for my '07 double cab 4x4 this year in GA. Plus $15 for emissions inspection.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
172 for 2000 CA tacoma 4x4
Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #17
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
154 for a year in NY.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
One good thing about Idaho. Super cheap registration. I paid $58.25 for one year with personalized plates for my '07 Taco d-cab. In Idaho, the most you will pay is $65.00 for a brand new vehicle. Personalized plates are $30 the first year and $15 a year after that until you have to have new plates made, which is every 7 years.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #19
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
56 a year here in pa.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #20
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
Personalized tags cost a one time fee of 20 bucks