Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does a 2009 Lower Trim Panel fit on a 2007?

Old 08-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Does a 2009 Lower Trim Panel fit on a 2007?

I have a 2007 Double Cab TRD Off Road. I am wondering if anyone knows whether or not the lower trim panel that has the cigarette lighter and the accessory plug from a 2009 Tacoma (with the extra button spaces) will fit on my 2007 Tacoma (it doesn't have any extra button spaces)
I would like to put in some switches and or USB outlets in those spaces and keep the factory look, but my new 2007 doesn't have those switch spaces much to my dismay.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, It definetly fits, i put the new 2009+ lower center dash panel on my 2005 Tacoma.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
How was the install? Pretty easy? I want to get around to doing this as well.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The install was a huge PITA because in order to swap out the lower center console panel, just about every other surrounding panel has to come out first. Took me at least 1 hr because of that but well worth it!!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Did you order it from Toyota or from a junkyard?
Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 PM   #6

Nope , i lucked out and scored an OEM brand new one on ebay for like $60.00
Old 08-07-2010, 11:40 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
The install was a huge PITA because in order to swap out the lower center console panel, just about every other surrounding panel has to come out first. Took me at least 1 hr because of that but well worth it!!
what he said...lol. i did the same on my 08 n i got my scangauge on there
Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
The hunt begins for one of these panels!
Old 08-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #9
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
WooHoo! That is good news! Do you happen to know the part number for that piece of plastic?
Old 08-08-2010, 06:28 AM   #10

55407-04040-B0 panel

55539-28160-C0 blank. (sold individually)
Hope this helps
Old 07-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #12

ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
OK, Follow up to this. Does anyone know if the 2012 Lower trim panel fits previous year Tacomas? I noticed that there is one more space for buttons on the 2012.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
since you reminded me, ill order it monday ill let you know
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaLor View Post
OK, Follow up to this. Does anyone know if the 2012 Lower trim panel fits previous year Tacomas? I noticed that there is one more space for buttons on the 2012.
I want to know too simply because the previous lower dash is retarded.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:37 AM   #15
tacomized730 is on a distinguished road
tacomized730's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is old..does anyone know if u can just buy the harness that goes to the aux? or maybe a part number? thanks