Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

cnn on american favorite!!

Old 06-26-2008, 05:20 AM   #1
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
cnn on american favorite!!

go to cnn and look for american's favorite...
and Honda rigdeline is #1???!!!!

HONDA RIDGELINE!!! I know the truck is cool!!! but is F-ing ugly!!!

TACOMA TACOMA TACOMA!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 AM   #2
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
It actually makes me feel better that the Communist News Network ranks the Ridgeline #1. They are rarely right anyways.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:48 AM   #3
Addicted Mod'r
ToyoComp is on a distinguished road

ToyoComp's Tacoma Gallery
Who cares what CNN and its dim witted viewers think? I never thought to consult a liberal news network in making my decision on the best vehicle. Any time a Ridgeline owner wants to back their wanna be truck up to mine and see who gets pulled down the road is fine with me. Hell I'll even go head to head on pavement as we all know that offroad the Ridgeline is a complete joke. Let's call it what it is, a Honda minivan with an open back!
Old 06-26-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
The only mainstream media news that I read is BBC or AP news.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #5
SHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of lightSHunter080703 is a glorious beacon of light

SHunter080703's Tacoma Gallery
Here is the link:

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/...eal/index.html
Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, you guys are a trip. CNN was reporting on a JD power survey, CNN itself didn't conduct the survey. I guess if foxnews would have reported on this survey they would have been called a liberal news source too LOL.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #7
nermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the roughnermalgod is a jewel in the rough
nermalgod's Tacoma Gallery
Let's take a broader look at the results.
#1 large truck, Chevy Avalanche
#1 mid size truck, Honda Ridgeline
#2 mid size truck, Ford Explorer Sports Track

All three of these vehicles drive like cars, have four doors, and unusable bed space. It's obvious that the consumers surveyed are not real truck users.

What I found amusing is the Toyota Sequoia is the #2 mid size SUV, but also the #1 large SUV.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #8
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Not true. Fox Reports....WE decide!!!{haha}

BBC is far from mainstream media my friend. They are as liberal as the NY Times.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FOX News is only good on mute with a big screen TV. That way you can just stare at their beautiful "correspondents" and "anchors"...

No wonder the control center has FOX News on at least one screen at any time. They are "anchored".
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
FOX News is only good on mute with a big screen TV. That way you can just stare at their beautiful "correspondents" and "anchors"...

No wonder the control center has FOX News on at least one screen at any time. They are "anchored".
Yep I fully agree
Old 06-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Mass Media ... the sky is falling

I own a Toyota & a Honda.

Don't much follow CNN, pretty much this article sums up how I feel about mass market publications. http://www.slate.com/id/2192382/
Old 06-26-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Mass Media ... the sky is falling

I own a Toyota & a Honda.

Don't much follow CNN, pretty much this article sums up how I feel about mass market publications. http://www.slate.com/id/2192382/
That is a great article! Cheers!
Old 06-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #13
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nermalgod View Post
Let's take a broader look at the results.
#1 large truck, Chevy Avalanche
#1 mid size truck, Honda Ridgeline
#2 mid size truck, Ford Explorer Sports Track

All three of these vehicles drive like cars, have four doors, and unusable bed space. It's obvious that the consumers surveyed are not real truck users.

What I found amusing is the Toyota Sequoia is the #2 mid size SUV, but also the #1 large SUV.

You wanna debate on the Avalanche having an usable bed? My Dad had one and we hauled a ton of stuff in their all the time. And it had usable lighting in their unlike the Taco.

The Sport Trac is another vehicle my Dad has owned. Hell he even had two. A White 4x4 the first year they came out and a Black 4x2 before the Avalanche. Both where great trucks.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM   #14
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------
FOX has nice talking heads, but the weather channel has them beat, even if they usually are pregnant.

Anytime anyone states a vehicle is #1, it mist be taken with a grain (or truckload) of salt, even JD Powers, whom I think is correct in stating the figures they aquire, but a car/truck can be #1 in sales, #1 in customer satisfaction, #1 in customer satisfaction during the first 10 days of ownership, or first 90 days, or first year; any of which can skew the vehicle chosen. A Ford ranger reg cab 2WD could be #1 in compact trucks, but probably in 4/6 cyl trucks under $14K final initial cost, in metro suburbs with less than 500,000 people, and in local delivery use of less than 100 mile radius of it's base dispatch location. So anytime someone states #1; it probably is, once you sort through the particular parameters.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:15 AM   #15
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRH View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------
FOX has nice talking heads, but the weather channel has them beat, even if they usually are pregnant.
I know!!! What is THAT all about?!?! I think the ladies on the Weather Channel are getting more action than a Nevada whore with a 50% discount.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #16
Closed
FMFTaco is on a distinguished road
FMFTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What doesn't make any sense to me what so ever is that, the Ridgeline is an uni-body!!! What is the point?!?!?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #17
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
The Avalanche isn't bad and at least it's built on a truck platform. My buddy just bought an '07 and I can confirm that the "unusable bed space" comment is nonsense. If that's unusable, so is the Tacoma's because there's more room in the Av.

The Skirtline is a car. End of story.

Ford sucks (I've owned 7). End of story.

But, at least Toyota was recognized, anyway. The Sequoia and FJ won their categories and the Tundra came in second to the Av.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 PM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know!!! What is THAT all about?!?! I think the ladies on the Weather Channel are getting more action than a Nevada whore with a 50% discount.
if this blonde woman keeps getting bigger, how are we going to see the blue screen behind her?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:16 PM   #19
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
if this blonde woman keeps getting bigger, how are we going to see the blue screen behind her?
Honestly, now, were you really looking at the screen behind her or just her behind?

(as I type this, I am reminded of the Vegas picture with you and J-Lo... "Yeah, I did it")
Old 06-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #20
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how much honda spent to make that happen.