Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bully Tailgate Anti-theft Lock

Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Bully Tailgate Anti-theft Lock

Guess this is the expensive version of the hose clamp mod. I like how the lock continues to rattle after installation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqURBc9ZzZE
Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #2
Darkknightdant3 is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Darkknightdant3's Tacoma Gallery
you think it would rattle? maybe putting some kind of tape around it would help, I'm thinking of buying one of this locks but still not sure if i should.
I think if a thief opens the tailgate and sees this lock their gonna say 'holly crap, screw this ima find another Tacoma that doesnt have a lock' and just leave your car, it seems like it would be really hard to get this lock off without the key.

they are kind of expensive amazon has them for about $22 after shipping
Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknightdant3 View Post
you think it would rattle? maybe putting some kind of tape around it would help, I'm thinking of buying one of this locks but still not sure if i should.
I think if a thief opens the tailgate and sees this lock their gonna say 'holly crap, screw this ima find another Tacoma that doesnt have a lock' and just leave your car, it seems like it would be really hard to get this lock off without the key.

they are kind of expensive amazon has them for about $22 after shipping
Just do the hose clamp mod it cheaper and effective
Old 08-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
Evasive Maneuvers PMKMS
tacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud oftacobox has much to be proud of

tacobox's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it'll have 2 nuts to clamp it down. Cool but hose clamps work just fine.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
A heavy gauge plastic cable tie works perfectly. And it doesn't rattle..scratch paint...or cost anything.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkknightdant3 View Post
I think it would rattle because the padlock portion appears to secure to the "hoop" at three possible detent positions. Unlike a hose clamp or tie-wrap, the lock cannot be progressively tensioned against the hinge barrel. On some trucks it will fit just right. On other trucks it may rattle. At least that's what the video seems to show. Anyone actually bought this? Feel free to correct me.