1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Going to check out a couple of 08 Tacos tomorrow, any advice?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Benny, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    Benny

Benny [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB more mods by the month
    I am finally stepping over to a Taco from the Tundra. I have my eye on a couple of 2008 DC, Long Beds- have to have the long bed, which has been a little bit harder to find- but they are out there.

This one looks pretty decent to me, it seems to be pretty appropriately priced for this area, what do you think? It's got 40K on it. http://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/1866233736.html

How do I know that the rear spring TSB has been performed on this model year? That is one thing I don't want to end up paying out of pocket down the road. Thanks for any advice. By all means- tell me what I should offer on that truck. Sorry no CL ads for the others I am considering. Anything else about the 08 that I should look for??

2. Aug 8, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    The Philosophizer

The Philosophizer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    South Bay
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma
    nothing yet!
    I have an 08 Taco and my only regret is not getting 4x4 on it.

I love it and it's a super fun and easy truck to work on and make additions to

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    x2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an 08 DC PreRunner. I REALLY wished i had gotten 4x4. Or atleast a 4x2 with a limited slip diff.

Oh and i think the JBL audio is kind of a waste it seems like the stock audio is good enough to me. I have friends who have ridden in my truck and asked if i upgraded the audio system, im pretty damn happy that the stock audio would make em' think that :D

4. Aug 8, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    Tojo

Tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado/Arizona
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mobil 1 0-20W, Tacoma bed mat, tailgate anti-theft, oil filter drain hose, back seat headrest removal, a/c back seat platform, rear spring tsb, Tek.Prodigy P2 electric brake cntrl, Toyota Bed Extender
    looks like a nice truck - welcome to TW! I've read a few posts that mention non-tsb has a total of 3 leafs instead of 4 ( 3 long leafs + 1 short HD leaf. also if you select the seach option and type in "leaf spring tsb" there's a ton of write-ups you can view regarding this. I'd also check the topper shell for water leaks around the gaskt where it seals to the bed of the truck... good luck

Products Discussed in

To Top