1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 4X4 long bed double cab SR5 vs TRD SPORT???

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mikemd, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:49 AM
    mikemd

mikemd [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    southern cali
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I love everything about it, looks like some great folks and vehicles. I plan on buying a 4X4 2010 double cab long bed in the near future (within 2 months) and just want to know about the "suspension" only between the two models.

I know the TRD sport has the bilstien shocks and 17 inch wheels versus the 16 inch wheels and the factory shocks on the SR5.

Are the leaf springs the same?

I think the long bed 4X4 double cab doesn't come with rear lockers? only the shortbed TRD 4X4 offroad?

Is there anything else different as far as the suspension between the 2010 4X4 long bed double cab SR5 and the TRD sport? I don't think they make a TRD off road version in the 4X4 long bed double cab?

I do have a small 18 foot boat I use to fish with so I will be towing that around. I just want to know if i should same some money and get the SR5. I really don't do much off roading except for a little mud action while driving though the imperial valley.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/ideas.

Mike

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 9:11 AM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 RegCab 4x4 TX Special Edition
    Sirius, Bugflector,back-rack, stepsides.
    If you are only going to use for towing/hauling, i would get the sr5. The 16" tires are also cheaper to replace than 17". The Trd offroad was never offered in a DCLB. The TRD sport has colormatched door handles,mirrors,bumper, sport seats, 110v outlet, and overhead temp console.

Products Discussed in

To Top